TOEFL: supporting sports and social activities Vs supporting the libraries

Toefler 2 / 2  

Sports and social activities are as important as the libraries

These days, there is an issue about whether the universities should invest their money on extracurricular activities. Some people might think that college shouldn't support social activities and sports equally because they believe that making student knowledgeable should be priority for university. I, however, believe that it is necessary for universities to support the extra-activities as well, unlike pessimistic viewpoint of spending money on those activities.

First of all, when it comes to creativity, taking part in social activities is expected to be meaningful. In this complex world, many students are trying hard to become more creative and they believe participating in sports and social activities is a key solution. According to research conducted by Harvard University, researcher succeed in proving that people who join the social club and sports activities tend to be more creative by dividing people in two to group. People in the group A were told to take apart in soccer club in their university, whereas students in the group B weren't.

Volunteering people were all assigned to take national creativity measuring examination, namely NCME. Result was very surprising, students' score in the group A far exceed students belonged to group B. head researcher of this project goes on to say that sports and social activities have positive influence on right side of the brain which plays significant role in thinking out of box. This clearly indicates it is worth for universities to support the activities such as soccer, social clubs.

On top of that, as to relationship, joining social activities is very important. As the world is getting colder, university students find it difficult to making new friends. On this occasion, college increasing the social clubs may come in handy. For instance, when i first entered the Korean national university, i had little chance to talk with other students because there was no such thing like social club in my college. Fortunately, since university committee decided to spend more money to make social clubs, i could make a lot of friends and had wonderful college life.

However, it is undeniable that duty of university is teaching students. So i also agree universities should make efforts to enhance the education and improve the libraries. Despite this, it is totally ridiculous to treat sports and social activities unequally.
snroewms 1 / 2  
Toefler
"students score in group A far exceeded students score belonging to group B."
" to support activities such as soccer and social clubs"
"university students find it difficult to make new friends"
Just my two cents :)
Some people might think that college shouldn't support social activities and sports equallyto the level they should support libraries because they believe that making student knowledgeable should beis the main priority for university.

First of all, when it comes to creativity, taking part in social activities is expected to be meaningful.

Why do you sound too vague? Tell them howsocial activities would help develop someone's creative talents.
Ok, let see whether I can help you with this problem :)

First of all, when it comes to creativity, taking part in social activities is expected to be meaningful. In this complex world, many students are trying hard to become more creative and they believe participating in sports and social activities is a key solution.

Actually you have gone on a wrong track here. This is not about becoming creative which is more or less a born talent. Just because you participate in sports or other social activities you don't become a creative person, but may be a good team player, communicator, negotiator etc. Therefore participating in games and other social activities helps students develop important life skills for their future. Let's take that point and start constructing your firs body para;

First, taking part in social activities benefits students by giving them a great opportunity to learn many important life skills for their future. Such activities help students be good team players, leaders, effective communicators etc. that are important skills for them to be successful in their adult life. (Now tell a good example to support this reason )

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: supporting sports and social activities Vs supporting the libraries