The table below gives the results of two surveys, in 1997 and 2006

thutyedaniel 32 / 38 17  
The table below gives the results of two surveys, in 1997 and 2006, in which people were asked which communication skills were essential in their jobs.

The table illustrates information with regard to the percentage of people asked of different surveys between 1997 and 2006. At first glance, it is evident that the most essential communication skills which is rated the highest is dealing with people, and making speeches or presentation is communication skills that is not really influencing in people's job over the period.

To begin with, the proportion of dealing with people experienced increase from 60 per cent to 65 per cent. Similarly, giving an advice and have a knowledge of particular products, both increased slightly. However, selling a product or service was significantly decline from 35 per cent to 41 per cent during nine-year period.

Moving to a more detailed analysis from the table, it reveals that listening carefully to colleagues was higher percentages of people asked for internal communication at 38 per cent to 47 per cent than others over the period. The proportion in making speeches or presentation was the lowest at 7 % to 11 % from 1997 to 2009. While, for four others internal communication saw the same pattern during nine years.

juanmarman 3 / 6  
making speeches or presentation is(are) communication skills that is(are) not really influencing in people's job over the period.

Home / Writing Feedback / The table below gives the results of two surveys, in 1997 and 2006