The table illustrates data about changes in types of travel in Britain over a 15-year period

alice1426 3 / 8 2  

changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000

The table illustrates data about changes in types of travel in Britain over a 15-year period.

Roughly speaking, there was a significant increase in average travelling distance for British people from 1985 to 2000. In addition, travelling by car remained the most popular transport tool in both years.

It is clear from the table that among the 8 categories of transport method, car accounted for the longest distance in miles traveled per person per year, reaching as high as 3,199 miles and 4,806 miles in the year 1985 and year 2000 respectively. By contrast, Taxi and bicycle remained the least popular option for people in England over the same period, which represented 13 miles and 51 miles in 1985, and 42 miles and 41 miles in 2000 respectively.

It is particularly noticeable that of all types of transport, only three of them, including walking, bicycle and local bus, showed a downward trend in usage. However, looking from an overall point of view, the average distance traveled by British people experienced a rise from 4,740 miles to 6,475 miles.

Maria - / 1,098 389  
@alice1426
Hey there, it's nice to see you around here again! I'm here to provide a comprehensive feedback on this essay. I hope that it assists you in your writing endeavors.

First and foremost, there were some unnecessary fillers that you had placed throughout the essay. While these are generally alright, when you're working with such word limitations, I would opt that you avoid them. For instance, the introductory phrasing of the first paragraph's initial sentence can be removed. While these may be small details in comparison to the rest of your content, they truly do impact your writing in the long-run.

Furthermore, be more consistent with your usage of capitalization. Bear in mind that you should have a more detailed approach to writing by this point. Small slip-ups such as this can immensely affect your writing.

Furthermore, the rest of the content could be improved by focusing more on a generalized analysis rather than nit-picking information.
OP alice1426 3 / 8 2  
@Maria
Hi Maria, can you further explain the meaning of 'For instance, the introductory phrasing of the first paragraph's initial sentence can be removed.'?
Thank you for the advice.

Home / Writing Feedback / The table illustrates data about changes in types of travel in Britain over a 15-year period