IELTS TASK 1 The table illustrates the number of technological researchers in the five countries

minhkhue16 2 / 2  

Pellet working as researchers in technology

The table illustrates the number of technological researchers in the five countries from 2003 to 2007. The measure unit was per million people
In general, Poland had the highest number of people working in this field while Togo had the lowest. Moreover, Apart from Poland with a decrease, Turkey with a rise, the other three countries all experienced a fluctuation.

Out of the five countries, Poland had the largest number of people working as tech researchers, with 285. Except in 2005, the number in Poland was higher than any countries, in any year. Nevertheless, it was the only countries that underwent a downturn.

Mexico, in 2003, was in the second place with 147. It overtook Poland in 2005 and peaked at 234 in the same year. However, this number decreased slightly in the following year and rose again to 183 in 183 in 2007.

Starting with 103 in 2003, Moldova fluctuated dramatically. After a significant drop to 89 in 2005, it increased to 114 in 2007. Togo had the same fluctuation. With 18 in 2003, the country reached its peak in 2003. Over a three year period, it dropped to 18, the same number as 2003. Turkey was the only country that had an upswing. Just nearly 50 in 2003, it rose by more than 55% to 106 in the next four year.

kaisergod47 2 / 3 2  
Your essay is quite okay, however, I think there are some points to notice:
_ Some sentences need units (such as "Mexico, in 2003, was in the second place with 147 RESEARCHERS", "Starting with 103 PER MILLION in 2003, Moldova fluctuated dramatically", ...)
_ Wrong information ( " Togo had the same fluctuation. With 18 in 2003, the country reached its peak in 2003.", it REACHED ITS PEAK IN 2005, NOT 2003)
_ This sentence ("Just nearly 50 in 2003, it rose by more than 55% to 106 in the next four year.") should be written as ("STARTING AT just nearly 50 in 2003, it rose by more than 55% to 106 in the next four year.") so that it is grammatically correct.

In general, you did a great work. You should spend a few minutes reviewing your task for inaccurate information like the one above.
You presented a good summary overview. However, you should have listed the other 3 countries in a creative manner as well. That way you would have fulfilled all the information summary requirements and, allowed yourself to get a better GRA score since you would have been able to use more punctuation marks and sentence types in the paragraph. Indicate the parts of the table as well. I know you indicated the years, but you still need to indicate the number of columns in the table at the very lest.

The task 1 essay is normally only a 3 paragraph presentation. The part about Mexico should be presented as a part of the second paragraph presentation. Although, Togo did not have the same fluctuations throughout. Your analysis was a bit off. It was similar for certain years, but not the same for 2005.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1 The table illustrates the number of technological researchers in the five countries