TASK 1. the table shows the consumer durables owned in Britain from 1972-1983

Bob brother 15 / 22  
The table compares the percentages of British people using different durable goods such as vacuum cleaner, washing
machine, etc between 1972 and 1983.

Throughout the period shown, the most used equipment was television in each year. However, there was a marked increase in the popularity of other consumer durables, particularly using telephone and central heating.

In 1972, 93% of British home had a television and this result increased to 98% in 1983. The majority of people also had vacuum cleaner and refrigerator. These durable goods were owned by over 30% of households by the end of the period.Washing machines were the fourth most common equipment, with 66% of households in 1972, rising to 80% of households in 1983.

By contrast, less than 40% of home had a central heating in 1972 and this item increased dramatically, with more
than 60% of households to 1983. In the first year, 42% of British families had telephone and again this equipment increased fast to 77% of
household as well as central heating at the end of the year.

OP Bob brother 15 / 22  
I wrote overview instead of conclusion M. Idrus
The table comparespresents the percentages of British people usingusage of different durable goodsconsumer durables by British peoplesuch as vacuum cleaner, washing machine, etc between 1972 and 1983.

Throughout the period shown,Overall, the most used equipmenthousehold device during the period had been thewas television in each year . However, there was a marked increase in the popularity of other consumer durables, particularly usingthe telephone and central heating.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
this equipment increased fast to 77% of household as well as central heating at the end of the year.

I think this linking part (as well as) here is inappropriate.
Here is the example of the use: as well as e.g, There are sports facilities available for girlsas well asboys.

percentages = proportion
common equipment = essential equipment

5% = a very small number
65% - 75% = a significant proportion
75%- 85% = a very large majority

Home / Writing Feedback / TASK 1. the table shows the consumer durables owned in Britain from 1972-1983