IELTS Taks 1: The construction and number of passengers for different underground systems.

thaisonvg 1 / -  

underground systems passengers rate

The table provides a statistic about total length and number of passengers per year for 6 underground systems in 6 cities around the world. It is arranged of year opened ascending. Generally, the older underground systems were opened the more longer underground systems's route are. Additionally, people have the usual trend in use subway in Early modern period. In modern period, this volume fall dramatically.

As can be seen from the table, it is easy to realise that the information in the table is divided into two groups. The first group includes London, Paris and Tokyo which are an oldest underground systems. But, these underground systems were built with the length longer than the other three. Moreover, the numbe of passengers per year of the first group is bigger than the rest. Perhaps in the early modern period, means of individual transport is not popular. By contrast, modernization as a cause of crisis of individual transport. That's why the number of passengers per year for underground systems in Washington DC, Kyoto and Los Angeles significant smaller than old systems.

HanNguyen0510 18 / 40 17  
Hi there,
Here are some of my opinion on your writing task.

1/ In the sentence 4th, paragraph 1, there are two verbs which are "have" and "use". It is not supposed to have two verbs in one sentence so I would recommend changing "use" into "using" due to being after the preposition "in".

2/ I think it would have been better if you'd indicated the specific years on the table instead of using the word "modern period" or "early period". It does not point out clearly in which year you are mentioning about. And how the construction relevant to the number of passengers?

3/ I don't see your conclusion for the writing task. Or I can't realize it.
vietduccan 10 / 19 7  
Hi there, here is my opinion
In the overall statement, it is quite long. You should pick no more than two outstanding features from the table to describe
In the body, there was a sentence that provides your opinion about the information, I don't think this will help you in IELTS test because the Writing Task 1 only requires you to describe the date and give relevant commends rather than your opinion.

Best regards,

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Taks 1: The construction and number of passengers for different underground systems.