TED Talks : How to Make Stress Your Friend

dinartika19 37 / 67 6  
TED Kelly McGonigal : How to Make Stress Your Friend

Kelly is a psychologist who help other people release their stress. However, she said that she harmed many people by saying that stress is an enemy you should avoid because it can make a cardiovascular disease. However, she changed her mind and here is the reason.

The research conduct by Harvard University found that people who died because they believed stress is harmful for their body increased 43 percent. In America, 182,000 death is caused by people who assumed that stress is bad for their health. The reason of dying is "the stress believers" not the stress itself.

On the other hand, if people change their mind about stress, they can make their own body healthier. When the the mind is stressed, the heart is pounding because it prepares for action and the breath is going faster so the brain getting more oxygen. Stress also has positively social impact for individuals. When a person stress, she/he will produce oxitocyn, a neuro hormone which active because the needed of social instinct, the same hormone when somebody hug each other. Oxitocyn has function such as add physical contact with family, raise empathy and more willing to help and support others.

Oxitocyn is not only act of your brain but also your body. Carsiovascular system, main part of body, will help the blood vessel relax when somebody starts to stress. The blood goes to the heart, the place where has receptor to release oxitocyn. In addition, when somebody has social contact because the needed of other support, they will release more hormone which make them recover faster from stress.

Choosing of the task responses as helpful and not harmful will create biological approach and choosing connected with people who under stress can create resilience, so stress gives access to the heart( joy, meaning, and connecting with other) as a positive energy. It is not about getting better at stress, but how to make profound statement that we need to trust our self, handle life challenge and remembering that we don't need to face them all alone.
akbarmappiare 31 / 469 275  
These are my corrections for you. Please, you provide your time to review those so that you fall the same mistakes.
GOOD LUCK

Kelly is a psychologist who helpS other people TO release their stress.
... people by saying that THE stress is an enemy you should...

The research conductED by Harvard University (...) they believed THE stress is harmful for HARMS their body WHICH ITS PERCENTAGE increased INCREASES BY 43 percent. In America, 182,000 death is caused HAPPENEDby BECAUSE people who assumed that stress is THE bad for their health. The reason of FOR dying is "the stress believers" ...

... if people change their mind about THE stress, they can make ...
When the the mind is stressed, the heart ...
THE Stress also has positively ...
When a person IS stressFUL, she/he will produce oxitocyn, (...) hormone when somebody hugS each other. Oxytocin has THE functionS such as addING A physical contact with family, raise RAISING empathy and more ...

Oxytocin is not only THE act of your brain ...
Carsiovascular A CARDIOVASCULAR system, A main part of THE body, will help (...) somebody starts to BE stressFUL.
... the place where has A receptor to release oxytocin. In addition, when somebody has THE social contact because the needed of other support , they will release (...) recover faster from THE stress.

Choosing of the task responses (...) will create A biological approach, and choosing connected THE CONTACT with people who under THE stress can create resilience, so THE stress gives access to the heart( joy, meaning, and connecting with other) as a positive energy.

... getting better at THE stress, but how to make A profound statement ...

Home / Writing Feedback / TED Talks : How to Make Stress Your Friend