Teaching as a Professional Career

hanan attia 1 / -  
Teaching as a Professional Career
the factors that define teaching as a professional career are as follows, knowledge of content. Teachers are expected to know the material that is being taught and by having knowledge of content, a teacher will be able to have a thorough understanding of the subjects being taught and will be able to relay the information to the students. The second factor that defines teaching as a professional career is emphasis on decision making. Teachers, on a daily basis will have to make decisions on many things while teaching school, for example, he or she will have to determine what to give students for homework or what students may need tutoring or work for extra credit to bring up their grade average. Reflection is also a very important factor because it helps improve the effectiveness of the teacher. To me this means that teachers must regularly examine what has worked and what hasn't in the classroom and then take that and turn it into something positive. By doing this a teachers can develop concrete goals in which they can begin to focus on. Autonomy is another factor that defines teaching as a professional career. Teachers will be working closely with students and by doing this, it will promote teacher involvement in the decision making processes, it will also increase opportunities for peer collaboration, discussion and debate of real school issues (Anderson.

These factors are very important when defining teaching as a professional career.
Hanan, you need to learn to proof read your essay before submitting it. I see that you started the essay with a small rather than capital letter in the first word of the sentence. We both know this is a grammar rule violation. The first word of every sentence should be capitalized. Please revise the first sentence and review the rest of the essay for possible capitalization issues. Your in-text citation lacks proper formatting. Choose whether this essay is to be written in APA, MLA, Chicago, or whatever format and make sure to follow the correct in-text citation procedure for the academic writing format specified by your professor. Is this supposed to be a simple statement with sources or an actual 3-5 paragraph essay? The statement lacks clarity in terms of formatting. You have all of your topics bunched up into one statement instead of as well developed discussions pertaining to each specific topic you mention. That is not the right format for an essay but could be acceptable if you are writing a statement depending upon the word count limitation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Teaching as a Professional Career