Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Do you think flights should be taxed more? The number of air travel rose enormously - IELTS TASK 2

Bayuwibowo 48 / 73 21  
The world has seen an enormous increase in flights for leisure, business and commercial purposes around the world over recent years.
What do you think are the main advantages and disadvantages of such flights?
Do you think flights should be taxed more?

Sky traffic becomes more crowded today. It is happens due to many people are tended to use public flight transportation for wide range of purposes, such as business and holiday. In my opinion, even though flight would abolish the existence of land and marine conveyance, airplane is the most efficient transport in the world. More detail explanation will discuss in below.

Every airport becomes busier in this day and age, since the airfare gets cheaper. This condition has a detrimental effect on other types of public transport, such as busses for land or ships for nautical transportation. Recent research conducted by local government in Indonesia reveals that the percentages of marine passenger dropped by 13% in 2012. Land and marine transportation will be abandoned if the government not takes initiative to deal with the issue. As such, impose more tax to the aviation industry.

On the other hand, it cannot be avoidable that flight is the most efficient way to travel. It only take a few hour for reach thousands kilometers. For instance, the journey from Indonesia to Saudi Arabia which is take 9 hours in flights and its costing around $820, it has slight different prices with a large ferry, but when we consider about time, this is will not be longer discussed. Moreover, thanks to the government which gives a low tax and the competitive market among airways companies, this condition leads a cheap ticket prices for the passenger.

The aforementioned evidence reveals that the benefits of flights outweigh the drawback. In this circumstance, I agree if the government increase the tax for aviation industry. Where possible the authorities collaborate with the private parties to calculate taxes, in purpose to have a win-win solution.

Home / Writing Feedback / Do you think flights should be taxed more? The number of air travel rose enormously - IELTS TASK 2