What do you think the role of a parent should be in their child's education?

abclaudya 2 / 4 1  
Some children receive almost no encouragement from their parents regarding their performance, whle other children receive too much pressure from their over enthuastic parent which can have a negative impact on the child.

Why do you think some parent put too much pressure on their children to perform well at school?

the pressure given by parents is for a child well-being

In life, parents are the people who have the responsibility to rise their children. Every parent has different approach to treat their son or daughter. I personally believe that the pressure for their children performance's at school happens of the family beliefs, and parents have to be strict in the right way.

First and foremost, everyone is raised in different ways. This have resulted in the approach used in a family. For instance, the parents were raised in a strict family, thus the parents will treat their children in the same way. Second, every parent expects the best for their children. Some children are sued to be success and change family fortunes. For example, say, a poor family will hope that their children can change their life. Hence, they push their children to receive a high score so that they will have a bright future and help family's financial. However, it is possible to happen that children will experience stress since their parents put too much pressure.

Expectations that parents put should be in line with their role. For me, one of the most important thing is their presence. Parents have to manage their time balanced, say, for work and for children. It is not only about presence, but also parents' involvement. It might be important to know what struggle their children face at school. In my opinion, parents have to teach their children about disciplinary and commitment. For example, their children should know how to balance between play and study time. This might be too simple but everything starts from the basic.

In conclusion, the pressure given by parents stems from their experiences when they were raised in the past. Therefore, it is indeed that parents' role is required. Parents should pay attention to what their children have been through to support their children's education.
Claudya, you have not followed the correct format for the discussion requirement of the essay. This is an advanced writing topic essay which I do not believe you are prepared to write yet. It requires that the personal opinion discussion begin in the first paragraph, as a part of the prompt paraphrase, to serve as the discussion outline for the 2 reasoning paragraphs. Let me show you your mistake and how it should have been written below:

Original Questions: Why do you think some parent put too much pressure on their children to perform well at school?

Your Response: I personally believe that the pressure for their children performance's at school happens of the family beliefs, and parents have to be strict in the right way.

Proper Paraphrase: There are two types of parenting styles being followed these days. The first is the non-supportive kind wherein children receive little assistance from the parents, allowing them to learn on their own. The other is called helicopter parenting, which often has drawbacks in the educational development of a child. I believe that the pressure parents impose on children to do well in school is because of an over-emphasis on the academic achievement of children for future educational purposes. While this is an impressive achievement on the child's part, I believe that parents role must be to encourage the child just enough while allowing him to still learn at his own pace.

Based on the above representation of the given prompt, you can clearly see why your attempt at this discussion is in error. You ended up straying from the original discussion points most of the time and did not really align yourself with the single opinion discussion for each question provided. You have to improve your English comprehension skills and learn how to properly address the prompt requirements so that you can improve your discussion presentations. Learn from the samples provided at this forum to get a better idea about how to approach various discussion topics to create a proper and responsive essay.

I am not going to judge the other parts of this essay as of now because there is a problem with the task accuracy of your response, which means it will not get a very good score if I were to rate it. I strongly urge you to familiarize yourself with the Task 2 discussion types before you proceed with other practice tests.

Home / Writing Feedback / What do you think the role of a parent should be in their child's education?