toelf essay- Should going to class at school be optional or required?

magicwwh 2 / 4  
When it comes to classes attendance, should it be optional or mandatory for students? as far as I am concerned, I totally fall in line with the statement that suggests that students should go to classes forcibly.

First of all, compulsory attendance to classes help students work more effectively. Teachers' lectures usually have synthesized and well-organized information contained in several deemed obligatory textbooks, so students can save a lot of time and energy discriminating information in the textbooks. The students can also solve their doubts promptly, since they can turn to the teachers for help immediately in class. on the contrary, the students would lose their chances to resolve their problem when missing classes.

In addition, students are able to develop their team-work skills in the sake of mandatory attendance to classses. Group assignment is often an indispensible part of a class, which aims to provide group members the opportunity to work matually in a team. Only having students attend classes compulsorily can guarantee all the students take part in the group assignment.

Last but not least, from an economic point of view, if classes attendance were optional, many university resources would be wasted. It is to say that teachers' wages, maintenance of building, class equipment, and the like, have to be paid, no matter what the level of attendance is.

In a nutshell, bearing all the above mentioned in mind, it is further preferable for students to attend classes compulsorily. And I strongly believe that schools should make classes attendance mandatory in order to realize a better education ahievement.

This is the first time I start a new thread here. I look forword your suggestion for my essay. :)
geetakaradkhele 2 / 2  
hi...nice try ..but it seems that main points are missing out.please dont mine I would like to give you some suggestions regarding this topic and I would be glad if you could find then relevant to your subject and pls let me know if you find any discripancies in it even.

As per my opinion, attending the classes should be compulsory for all the students because it incorporate the habit in students to attend the classes regularly, which I think is necessary for their future education i.e.graduation, post graduation and rest of all. As we all know, during graduation years , it is not compulsory for the student to attend all the classes but if the students are already in this habit of attending classes regularly will definitely be helpful for them.

Second thing is if the students are capable enough to attain all the knowledge just by reading the books, then I am sorry to say what are the schooling for? History has given us so many examples regarding the importance of a teacher in a life of student. students always need guidance throughout their schooling and there is only one place for that ...school.

third and the most important thing, as the students in the school are not enough mature to take the decisions about their life , may be giving them option to attend the class , resulted into a disastrous outcome such as instead of coming classes they may get engaged in bad company which will ruin their whole life.

so, in order to improve their intellectual, mental( various extra curricular activities such as debates, essay writing etc) and physical (attending sport class in the school) abilities, attendance should be compulsory for the students.
OP magicwwh 2 / 4  
Thanks your suggestion
Can you give me advice to adjust my essay ?
Wow, you really got me thinking about this interesting question. It would be kind of interesting to let the students attend only when they want to. That way, only the most motivated students would get opportunities. But no, actually, we really need to make it compulsory, because if we don't parents and children will be neglectful in ways that are unfair to the children... the children are not old enough to know what is best for them!

So, I think you are right.

Okay, but we are talking about college/university, aren't we... I see.

Okay, I will tell you two things to improve your writing:
Use "the" with first, second and third:
The first thing is...
The second thing is...

Also, capitalize the first letter of each sentence! You have to always remember to capitalize the first letter.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / toelf essay- Should going to class at school be optional or required?