IELTS: WRITING TASK 1. THE TOTAL VALUE AND SOURCES OF FISH IMPORTED TO THE US

jxss 1 / -  
In a period of time of 12 years, we have seen critical changes in the cost and source of fish that enters the US.

Regarding the value in billions of dollars, we can clearly see that it increases with the pass of time; having a starting cost of 6.57 dollars in 1988 and increasing nearly $2 billion of dollars four years ahead in 1992. At a slower pace - the double of years - there is a growth of approximately $2 billion dollars by the 2000.

There were also changes regarding the places of origin of the fish. Originally, in 1988, Canada was the main exporting country of fish with 60% of the amount, far from China that only exported the 13% of fish that was consumed in the US. From 1992 to 2000, we can observe that other countries different from Canada and China, started considerably rising the amount of exported fish, going from the 27% in 1988 to almost twice, meaning 42% in the 2000.

Overall, we can conclude that there were clear increases not only in the price of such food but also, the countries that export fish to the US in a period of 12 years.

• This is the task
This report presentation will immediately receive a failing score due to the incorrect response format. It is missing the correct first paragraph in the form of a summary overview. The image/s are not properly identified, what the images are being used for, the length of time the coverage represents, the type of measurement... These are but a few of the task information requirements necessary for a passing preliminary score. It can accurately be said that this essay does not have the correct summary overview + trending statement format and will not be qualified for a passing score.

Due to the missing summary presentation, the reader, who will not have any capacity to see the image, will be highly confused by the report, resulting in failing scores for the C+C and GRA sections. The writer clearly does not have any knowledge of proper task 1 formatting which is why he has not delivered the expectations of this report test at all. He must learn more about the task requirements before he proceeds with another practice essay. He will do well to learn from the other posts regarding similar tasks at this forum.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: WRITING TASK 1. THE TOTAL VALUE AND SOURCES OF FISH IMPORTED TO THE US