IELTS; Will traditional skills and way of life die with technological advancement? No

congchop 7 / 14 2  
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

There is no doubt that a nation's traditional skills and ways of life are being impacted by the development of technologies. Though some argue that the impacts are extraordinary and they will make the traditional skills and way of life will die out, I believe that they will continue to thrive in the future.

Nobody can argue that the development of technology brings people many advantages. The technologies make people's life more convenient, make more products in production. The development of technologies affected so much on the traditional skills and way of life of a nation.

But the traditional skills and way of life will not die out and they can become an alternative solution caused by the "mainstream" way of life which is generally influenced by the modern technologies. Example, a cozy restaurant where traditional beers are served, offers experience to people who are bored with branded beers which came out of mass production and have same flavor. It is venue where the traditional skills are preserved, people become relaxed and educated. Providing diversity and thus enriching modern way of life, such traditional skill will continue to have their place.

Furthermore, the traditional skills and way of life can provide innovative ideas for the development of technologies. For instance, some business managers from textile industry applied the technique that some minority women in some parts of Asia using to knit the word "Love" on sweater. They developed some production lines based on the technique and in the result, the products boosted company's sales steadily. In return, they invested more money in preserving the traditional skills for further developing other technologies in the future.

To conclude, in revolution process, there will be something of the traditional skills obsolete as well as something continue to thrive. But in my personal view, the traditional skills and way of life will always have their places in revolution process no matter how technology develops.
posdream 4 / 12 5  
But in my personal view,

I prefer u wrote. ( From my view)

Overall it was well stated except that u need the pros to comment on it. I spotted some mistakes too but not sure if I only felt they were wrong. I'm learning also.
Though some argue that the impacts are extraordinary and they will make the traditional skills and way of life will die out, I believe that they will continue to thrive in the future.

Although some people argue that technology may cause the death of traditional skills and way of life, I firmly believe that they will continue to thrive.

Very good introduction. All essential features can be found there :)

make more products in production.

....products & production ?
enhance efficiency in production of goods and services
Where your examples? You need to back your reasons with examples
OP congchop 7 / 14 2  
Thanks very much

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; Will traditional skills and way of life die with technological advancement? No