IELTS Task 1 General training : A friend has agreed to look after your house and pets

Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Task 1 General Module IELTS:

A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.

Write a letter to your friend. In your letter

give contact details for when you are away
give instructions about how to care for your pet
describe other household duties

Dear Andy,

Many thanks for house sitting during our holiday trip to Malaysia.

I am writing this to you because we are planning to start a day ahead as we got a good deal in flight fare. I am sorry for the short notice. You can get the house key from our neighbour who is staying opposite to our home and her name is Rekha.

You can make use of our kitchen to prepare food on your own else you have to get if from the nearby foot court down the street.

As we discussed over phone, you have to take care of our fishes in the showcase fish tank. Twice in a day you have to provide food for them which you can find at the adjacent self. Please water our plants daily without fail as they are directly exposed to sunlight. Finally take care of our puppy dog which will have Pedicure biscuits and milk. You can find them at the bottom of the kitchen store.

I am placing a post note on the dining table with the details about the hotel and the contact number to reach us in case of any emergency.

Thank you very much my friend for the timely help.

Warm Regards,

Jack
Hi Arun,
Please open all threads relating to IELTS essays in the Writing Feedback forum. In this case I move this one from Undergraduate to Writing Feedback.

... well... you are supposed to request your friend to look after your house during your intended travel. This sound as if you are thanking him for doing that already. Some confusion :(
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Hi Duminda,
Thanks for your feed back. As you told I have reopened all the thread. You can move it to Writing feedback...
Kindly help me in correcting my essay from now onwards.
Regards,
Arunamanivannan
Sure Arun... I will. When you do your IELTS essays open the new thread in Writing Feedback. Here's some tips for this task;
1. Identify the type of letter (formal or informal)
2. Open and close the letter correctly (e.g. informal - Dear Tom , Best Regards / semi formal - Dear Mr Tomas, yours sincerely / formal - Dear Sir, yours faithfully)

3. Open a formal and semi-formal letter with a formal sentence (e.g. I am writing to inquire about / I am writing in connection with....)
4. Open an informal letter with a general, friendly paragraph (e.g. I hope you and your family are all well. It was such a pleasure to see you again last summer. )

5. Identify the main purpose of the letter (Are you asking for help, apologizing, inviting someone, complaining or thanking someone? Learn appropriate and polite expressions that will support what you need to say.)
Well Arun.... by reading your prompt, I understand your friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are away. So this is prearranged between you and your friend and this letter is a subsequent one for you to give him other details before you go. So, in this case you need to show your gratitude to him because he is gonna do you a favor. That I don't see in your letter, but a set of instructions for him. It's very important to understand the background of the letter and apply the right tone in your writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 General training : A friend has agreed to look after your house and pets