IELTS General training, inviting a friend to visit your new house.

homsai 11 / 24 5  
Task1
You have recently moved to a different house.
Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In you letter
-explain why you have moved
-describe the new house
-invite your friend to come and visit.
==========================
Dear Amanda,

I am writing this letter to invite you come to visit my new house. I just moved in last week, and I found it even better than previous one that my cousin rented to me. My cousin is getting marry this sunday and his family will move into my old house to start their marriage-life. Therefore, I have to move out.

The new place I found is a 2 bedrooms house with a single toilet and a car-park, which is suitable to my daily purposes. And It has been fully decorated and furnished before I've moved in. Now I have a modernized oven, so I might bake some home-make pies during your visiting. The garden is wonderful. It has plenty space enable me plant whatever I like, and there is a blackberry tree there. I can have blackberry at any time of its season.

Please do come and visit my new place. You'll love it I promise. By the way, you can invite your friends as well. It has plenty space to even host a 20 people party.

All the best
Sam

Hope you guys can give me any advices and correct my grammar errors.
Sunny he 1 / 3  
I am writing this letter to invite you come to visit my new house.

I feel the sentence seems a bit of redundant.
(please correct me if i am worng ;)

I am writing this letter to invite you come to my new house.
or should you make a qiuck "how are you" thing first?

and I found it even better than the? previous one that my cousin rented to me.

.... As per the way your prompt sounds, this letter is not intended primarily for asking your friend to visit your home. It is to inform her that you moved to a new house. So, I guess you have given more prominence to what the prompt asks you last.

Also, she is your friend and therefore your letter can sound more intimacy.

My cousin is getting marrymarried this sunday and his family will move into my old house to start their marriage-life. Therefore, I have to move out.

.... This part is a bit confusing. This is my suggestion;
My cousin will be getting married on next Sunday and he hopes to settle down in the same house with his wife after the wedding. Since they are starting a new life I do not wish you disturb their privacy and hence thought I should move out.
Sunny he 1 / 3  
3.
My cousin is getting married this Sunday and his family will move into my old house to start their marriage-life. Therefore, I have to move out.

This sensence confused me. Does his family refer to cousin&cousin-in-law or cousin's parents or all together?
My cousin is getting married this Sunday, and he wants to start his marriage-life in my old spacious house. Besides, my cousin's parents are going to live with him. Therefore, I decided to leave the place, and I think it would be a special wedding gift for him!font]

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS General training, inviting a friend to visit your new house.