Both transportation stakeholders and commuters should participate in solving traffic problem

Anfalia 40 / 56 23  
Some people say that, to reduce traffic congestion in large cities, governments should act to reduce the number of cars on the roads. Others say that it is the responsibility of individuals to use cars less and public transport more. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Traffic congestion is a major issue in society these days. For this reason, the majority of people view that the only way to arrest this case is government's action to reduce the existence of cars on the roads. While others argue that individuals should minimize the need to commute by using private car, and they are supposed to use public transport, I personally believe that both governments and individuals play an important aspect to tackle this problem.

General speaking, the most crucial case in the city is the huge number of cars used by societies that leads a terrible threat. Therefore, government has a prominent right and high level position in a country to tackle this problem. Research studies have shown that one large city in Singapore is free from traffic jams. This results of a government program to flight air pollution and traffic jams by simply making very expensive tax for everyone who wants a car, and they should buy permit. In addition, to drive and enter downtown on weekdays in Singapore acquires to pay big tax on gasoline. As a result, government enables to create happy situation with no accident and traffic congestion on the road.

Admittedly, the only essential way to tackle this case is individuals themselves. They are supposed to be aware to use less car and more public transport. By applying so, the number of traffic congestion can be reduced gradually. To exemplify, the majority of Japanese are aware to not use more cars, they prefer to use bicycle or on foot when it comes to do their daily activities. Conduct to this fact states that Japan is well-known by a clean country with less waste, pollution, and traffic problem. In consequence, people cannot rely on only to government because the root of problem comes from their personalities.

On the whole, traffic congestion is continuously problem affecting to the development of country. While government as a head to minimize this problem clearly, people also enable to change their behavior relating to traffic jams. However, I would argue that both transportation stakeholders and commuters should hand in hand to obtain viable solution relating to this case. Doubtfully, people cannot avoid the use of private vehicle as the development technological advanced and as the huge of brilliant people who create more sophisticated transportation.
ajreyes 2 / 3  
You have very good points and examples indicated in your essay. For me what you need to improve is your organization skills. Your thesis needs supporting topic sentences for your main body paragraphs. I think your thesis:both government and individuals play an important aspect...[i]is not supported by your statement: [i]the only essential way to tackle this..[i]. overall, I think you can get a score of 7 and above for this. Just keep practicing!

Home / Writing Feedback / Both transportation stakeholders and commuters should participate in solving traffic problem