WRITING TASK 2: TRUTH AND LIE

thanhtu98 1 / -  
Many people believe that it is important to always tell the truth.

In your opinion, is it ever acceptable to tell a lie?

Explain your answer giving reasons and specific examples.

My answer:
" It is true that telling the truth is always essential. Although it can be argued that telling a lie is sometimes allowed in some cases, I believe that it is better to be honest at any time.

On the one hand, some people think that they are able to tell lies in some particular circumstances . In order to protect their children, their family, their friends and people around them from the bad news, people tend to tell lies. This will help to ensure people's emotion as long as the mental and physical status. For example, A family in which parents divorce, their children may feel shock and depressed. The adults try to prevent to let them know about that news until their children grow up.

On the other hand, I would agree with those who believe that people should be always necessary to tell the truth since honesty is the basic thing in this developing society. If all people in this world are liar, of course the life will become more and more difficult. Without the belief between people, we can't endure any relationships. For example, when you count on your best friend, you honestly share everything with her but when you realize that she's not actually tell you the truth because of some purposes, you will become angry and your friendship will be broken.

In conclusion, it seems to me that an ideal world will be created by honest people, we should always try our best to tell the truth."

Hope to receive your feedback.
Thanks a lot ^^
roswita116 16 / 37 17  
@thanhtu98
Hi there. I would like to give you some feedbacks about your writing.😁😁

As I can see your introduction, it might not meet the IELTS task 2 writing structure. Introduction of IELTS writing task 2 should include 3 parts which are general statement, rephrase viewpoint and state your specific question. From your introduction I only can see that you stated your opinion without rest of 2 parts.

And your conclusion is too general. You should at least restate 2 reasons to support your opinion instead of just telling people we should try our best to tell a truth.

Hope my feedback would help.😁😁

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 2: TRUTH AND LIE