[IELTS]- Use of mobiles have become common in many countries.

delvydavis 1 / 1  
Use of mobiles have become common in many countries.

Is this is a positive or negative development?

Mobile phones are the invention of the 21st century. It is a good technology which keeps us connected to the world. Because of its unlimited advantages, it is spreading more countries. And by now, almost all countries have implemented this technology.

While considering the personal benefits, the first is the connectivity with your kith and kin. You are always connected with the people whom you are related, no matter where you are. The roaming facility boosts this to one step ahead. Similarly, because of the convenience it offers, you can carry it in your pocket. Secondly, the applications and features it includes, such as voice, video, and chat through which you can communicate with the help of the internet. Probably, that is the main reason why mobile phone gained these much popularity. A recent report from the UN says that 6 of the 7 billion populations have mobile phones but only 4.5 million have a toilet; which clearly shows the level of popularity of the mobile phone has. More than that, this is a device which plays a pivotal role in case of emergency. Despite the preferred network coverage you can reach the emergency help cell by dialing 911, which will take the network which is available in that place.

From the professional point of view, you always connected with your business. The voice and data services will enable you to even work from home. For instance, the latest Smartphones are capable of configuring the email system, so that you will receive your official emails on your cell phone. Additionally, the features enable to schedule your work, take notes, record your meeting and so on. Moreover, while you are stressed you can make use of the mp3 player to listen music or the gaming feature to make you relaxed.

Undoubtedly, mobile phones lead you to a relaxed and convenient life. All the countries and their citizens will enjoy the features and it will take you a step further.
Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Hi Delvy,
While writing opinion essay you have to stick to the following structure

Intro: Describe the topic, State you opinion and things to discuss in this essay
para 1: Describe the advantages, if possible supporting example
Para 2 : Describe the disadvantages
Conclusion: Reiterate your opinion

Hope this will help in future essays. Thanks.

Please post all your IELTS essay under Writing Feedback category

All the Best.

Regards,
Arun
OP delvydavis 1 / 1  
Thank you guys.

Thanks yosh, Very much appreciated. Thanks for correcting the essay... I didn't notice all those mistakes while writing it.

Hi Arun, I don't know whether I can say about the essay structures, because I am a beginner in IELTS.
For me as a beginner the question seems to be asked about whether it is positive development or negative, so I chose as positive development, and explained about it. I did not see that it asked to discuss both sides.

It is true that I didn't gave my opinion on the topic. thanks for that notification. I will follow that

And a special thanks for your advice to use that essay structure for opinions type essays. Let me practice some with that :D

Delvy

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS]- Use of mobiles have become common in many countries.