IELTS 1 - using energy in an average household and the greenhouse gas emmision numbers

khoiminhdao 1 / -  

IELTS writting task 1 - charts data

The first chart describes how Australians use energy in an average household while the second chart illustrates the greenhouse gas wastes which using this energy lead to.

Overall, the trend of using energy to heat is the most popular in this Australian household. It is clear that, the water heating discharges the most gas emissions.

The amount of energy which is used for heating is the highest figure, at 42%. While the energy for water heating ranks the second, with 12% lower than that of heating. By contrary, people use only 2% energy in order to cool.

It is noticable that, the majority of gas emissions results from water heating which account for 32%. At the same time, cooling discharges 3% gar emission
The image is not properly identified in the summary paragraphs. A chart is a general image reference. It is not a complete image identifier. The writer must indicate the type of chart presented (e.g. pie chart) to help create the mental image for the reader. That presentation should also be at least 3 sentences long.

In reference to the sentence presentations, having witten only 123 words indicates a lack of proper image analysis and explanation development. The writer shows an unfamiliarity with task 1 writing guidelines.

A task 1 essay of less than 150 words guarantees a failing essay score. The paper has not met the overall minimum scoring standards to achieve even a baseline passing score. More analytical writing is required.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 1 - using energy in an average household and the greenhouse gas emmision numbers