"I want a wife" - is it a good tittle?

anwarhazamah 1 / -  
hi, i have finished my essay. the real tittle for the essay is i want a wife. i finished it, but i want you to correct the mistakes and give me a good tittle for it please. thank you.

My God, who wouldn't want a wife? In her essay "I want a wife" Judy Brady ended her essay with this simple question. Brady try's to bring a light on how women look through the eyes of a man. She notes that the women are the basic unit in family and society. She showed the importance of a wife and all the great achievements a wife can do for the house, husband and kids. Something sparked in her that she too would like to have a wife especially after she got divorced and she want to go back to school, but she needs someone to take care of her child. Brady's work shows the duties of a wife and mother. While identifying many stereotypes, women fall victim in society. And finally through her use of repetition and irony, Brady definitely gets her point across.

"I want a wife who will work and send me to school". (116). Brady shows here that she wants a wife who will work and send her to school so that she will not need to work as hard as when she works to become economically independent. She wants someone to work and bring money to the house to have a good, wealthy life for her family while she is busy with her school.

Not only does the wife has to leave the house to her work and help the husband to support the family economically because of all the hard life expanses, but she also need to take care of all her children needs so that the husband will not need to worry about any trivial issues while he is at school. "I want a wife who takes care of the children when they are sick, a wife who arranges to be around when the children need special care, because, of course, I cannot miss classes at school." (116) Brady here made a round and flat characters to get her point across more clearly. She showed that the wife is a round character with many responsibilities and jobs. Moreover, the husband is a flat character who is only concerned with himself and has no depth.

"I want a wife who will keep my clothes clean, ironed, mended, replaced when need be, and who will see to it that my personal things are kept in their proper place so that I can find what I need the minute I need it." (116) we can see that Brady here is trying to show that the workload is heavily placed on the wife and mother figure, while the man only focuses on one goal. It can be the school, it can be the work, but it cannot be both in one time.

In closing, Based on what Brady describes a wife to be in this essay, is a perfect woman who does everything in loving support of her husband and children, regardless of how it makes her feel, and where it leaves her in the end. Brady is always describing what a wife does for her husband, but we can see that she did not describe what a husband does for the wife. This point was a very strong point in her paper and without mentioning this point, she would never accomplish her message that a wife is always giving and that a husband expects a wife to meet all of these traditional standards.

Works Cited
Judy, Brady "I want a wife" .Current Issues and Enduring Questions, 7th Ed. Ed. Sylvan Barnet and Hugo Bedau. New York:
Bedford St. Martin's, 2005: 115-17.
zahoora 1 / 6  
i think

I WANT A WIFE will be a prefect title
The way people usually us this expression is "shed light on..."
Brady tries to shed light on how women look through the eyes of a man.

While identifying many stereotypes, women fall victim in society. --- this sentence does not seem to make sense. Maybe you mean to write it like this:

While identifying many stereotypes, Brady shows how women fall victim in society.

W e can see that Brady here is trying to show that the workload is heavily placed on the wife and mother figure, while the man only focuses on one goal. The man can focus on school or wor k, but it cannot be both at one time.

:-)
serkitinati 2 / 3  
I want a wife is really amazing title. and you did a good job. i have nothing to say about it.

suspended for giving un-helpful feedback

Home / Writing Feedback / "I want a wife" - is it a good tittle?