500+ Words Essay on Same Sex Marriage and the rights and freedom of LGBTQIA community.

Iterosa 1 / -  

the struggles of the LGBT community

No one can decide on others' sexual orientation. No matter whom one loves, one owns one's freedom to develop an interest in anyone and interfere with what kinds of people they fall in love with. In Taiwan, the Republic of China (R.O.C.), legislators have passed the same-sex marriage legislation on May 17, 2019, being the first region to legalize this piece of legislation in Asia. In R.O.C, same-sex marriage is possible. However, there are still scores of people disapproving of this law and discriminating against homosexuals, looking at them with a strange view. Dissenters believe that this piece of legislation violates ethics, breaks the structure of the traditional family composition, and may disable the capability to pass on the family name. They also think homosexual marriage breaches natural law. Natural law is the most elementary percept of a philosophy that certain rights or values are inherent by virtue of human nature. There is an insurmountable biological impossibility in same-sex marriage and affect procreation directly; however, the ability and desire to create offspring has never been a qualification in marriage. Marriage is an internationally recognized human right for all people. The right of marriage should prohibit discrimination in any way, including sexual orientation. Homosexuals should have well-being, guarantee, legislation so on and forth, which ordinary couples have. They are one of the belongings in our world. Besides that, they should have obligations, commitments, and social recognition. Others prefer to be the other sex in their mind than to be their original sex. Consequently, they may take or receive an operation to become the sex they want. Likewise, these transgenders are forced to take on lots of stress and insults. In view of homosexual couples and transgenders, LGBTQIA has the rights and freedom to determine their sexual orientation and gender cognition. As far as I am concerned, it is unfair for them to put up with others' criticisms. They have not made any mistake to be condemned and blamed. They do not need to feel obliged to change their sexual orientation and sex with the view of meeting the public's demands, expectations, and perspectives. Furthermore, I believe as long as they do not disturb others' lives and jeopardize others, the public has to respect their determination and ideas.

Regardless of their sexual orientation or thinking, they make many contributions to the world and society. As a homosexual, Kevin Tsai, a famous host and author in Taiwan, is well-known for digging into interviewees' deepest minds in humorous ways. He helps viewers understand interviewees' ideas and feelings better. Besides that, Kevin Tsai dedicates himself to Taiwanese literature. Being a transgender, Audrey Tang, a self-taught computer programmer and a minister without portfolio determined an accurate policy and created an application by utilizing IT during the period of COVID-19.

In conclusion, people in the world should care for and esteem those who are different from the ordinary. Moreover, I admire the LGBT community's bravery and that they have the confidence to be themselves. As long as they do not hurt others, they should just do what they want and just love whoever they like.
The title of the essay is incorrect. It should be replaced with a title that focuses on the actual discussion which is same sex marriage. The introduction is a credible thesis statement in relation to the R O C law that was passed. The paragraph should also be edited to divide it into 2 paragraphs. One thesis statement and an opening discussion paragraph that kicks off the discussion proper. The essay is difficult to follow in this current format.

The discussion of the same sex marriage struggle lacks supporting and duly cited information. While the author is clearly writing from the heart, the supporting text with evidence is needed to truly convince the reader.

The essay deals with a provocative and controversial topic. Luckily , the writer was able to avoid that format in this presentation. It follows an otherwise logical and acceptably discussed topic.

Home / Writing Feedback / 500+ Words Essay on Same Sex Marriage and the rights and freedom of LGBTQIA community.