IELTS: world pineapple exports and a breakdown of the cost to the consumer of each pineapple in 2019

antinhsg 1 / -  

IELTS WRITING TASK 1: MULTIPLE CHARTS

The charts show world pineapple exports by the top three pineapple-producing countries in 2009 and 2019, and a breakdown of the cost to the consumer of each pineapple in 2019.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The bar chart compares and contrasts data on the changes in the number of pineapples exported by three different countries. Otherwise, the pie chart provides statistical data on the breakdown of the cost of each pineapple consumed in 2019.

As can be seen from the first graph, the pineapple exports of country A and country C experienced an upward trend. Conversely, those of country B witnessed a downward trend. The accompanying graph exhibits that the proportion of distribution and retail accounted for a lion's share of the cost of each pineapple.

In 2009, country A's figure for pineapple exports was roughly 1 million before it experienced a surge to over 10 million in 2019. That of the country C also experienced an increase but it was negligible. In contrast, after producing nearly 5 million pineapples for exporting in 2009, country B's figure underwent a twofold decrease, staying at under 2 million in 2019.

The proportion of distribution and retail and that of taxes, which was 35% and 16% respectively, together accounted for more than half of the total cost of each consumed pineapple. The two lowest figure was recorded for producer (5%) and export costs (4%). The remaining categories consisted of relatively identical statistics, ranging from 12% to 18%.

Note: Thank you very much for helping me.

Incorrect vocabulary was used in the summary overview. The word "Otherwise" cannot be used in this presentation because you are not presenting an opposing data report. Rather, you are presenting a supporting breakdown of the information. Based on definition, the word "otherwise" signifies:

Otherwise - In other respects

Since you are not referring to an alternative representation but rather, an additional presentation, the proper word for use in reference to that would have been "additionally" since you are referring to extra information from another source:

Additionally - more or supplementary

The information from the pie chart was supplementary information presentation not alternative information presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: world pineapple exports and a breakdown of the cost to the consumer of each pineapple in 2019