Write an essay about environment : causes, effects and solutions (write at least 700 words)

bandeptrai 1 / -  

The pollution problem

Society is constantly developing and our lives have become more convenient and comfortable thanks to the development of science and technology. In contrast, this may lead to a number of serious problems that we have to deal with. One of them is environmental issues. Pollution is on the increase and scientists are taking great pains to find a solution to reduce our impact on the environment.

The Earth is destroyed by human activities. Factories are emitting exhaust fume into the atmosphere through burning coal, oil, or gas. In addition, they are also giving

off raw sewage without treatment into the rivers. Burning the garbage is also a major cause that pollutes the air. Today's household trash contains a lot of plastics and paper treated with chemicals, coatings, and inks. When they are burned, a lot of smoke will be produced with dangerous levels of carbon dioxide. Next, the overuse of pesticides and herbicides in agriculture affects our supplies of water. The amount of pesticides sprayed is only absorbed partially by the plants to kill pests. The rest will seep into the groundwater and pollute it. Another severe problem is deforestation. We now are cutting down an enormous number of trees to serve our needs such as building houses, expanding land areas for farming, or even making money from selling wood. In everyday life, we use a big amount of plastic bags which take a long time to dissolve. Furthermore, we release toxic substances into the soil when perishing under sunlight.

We are now paying the price for what we have done to the environment. To begin with, air pollution is the cause of a lot of dangerous respiratory diseases like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, lung cancer, and so on. The ozone layer is also depleting at an alarming rate and this makes us very vulnerable and prone to the dangerous harm of ultraviolet rays. Sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide particles emitted into the air can create acid rain when mixing with water, oxygen, and other chemicals in the atmosphere to form sulfuric and nitric acids. Once acid rain falls to the Earth, the soil will become acidic, our crops will be damaged, water quality in rivers, lakes, and streams will be degraded and it can cause buildings and monuments to decay. Air pollution harms the environment in numerous ways like global warming, climate change and also weakens and lowers the immune system. Next, the pollution of water affects our daily activities, especially drinking and cooking. When we use this source of dirty water, it can lead to a large number of diseases like diarrhea, gastritis, dysentery, and so on. The biodiversity will be destroyed massively due to the disappearance of a lot of fish species and other aquatic organisms when water pollution continues to happen. The worst thing is the disruption in food chains. It happens when toxins and pollutants in the water are consumed by aquatic animals, which are then consumed by humans. Finally, the contamination of soil has a major consequence on plants. They are unable to adapt to the land having many chemicals in it and leads to poor quality of crops. People who consume crops that have been exposed to chemicals through soil pollution over the years can expect to suffer a variety of diseases like cancer or other kinds of skin infections. If we keep misusing pesticides and herbicides in agriculture, many organisms and microorganisms that help improve the nutrients in the soil will be killed and thus we will produce crops that are less nutritious

The Earth is in danger. Every person must take responsibility for keeping the environment clean. We can't wait for someone else to take action. Therefore, what can we do to protect it from any harm? First, We should reuse and recycle used things such as bottles, cans, paper to save natural resources. Cloth bags can be used in place of plastic bags. Then, Instead of driving cars, I highly recommend riding a bike or taking any kind of public transport to reduce the use of fossil fuels and emissions. The use of wood and paper products must be cut down to stop deforestation. Using solar energy, air or water energy is also one of the best solutions to solve environmental issues because they are renewable resources that can be replaced easily and quickly after using and they cause no harm to the environment unlike coal, fossil fuel, kerosene, and so on. Next, people should choose products with less packaging. And last but not least, the governments should make more efforts to prevent pollution from getting worse. They can introduce laws to put a limit on emissions in factories and widely promote recycling through big campaigns. In addition, they should punish heavily the one who pollutes the environment

In conclusion, pollution is a serious issue in many countries but if each individual and government together try our best to protect the environment, the problem can be solved easily
The premise of the essay is that the life improvement that we experience through the development of science and technology. Science could refer to food science and its environmental relevance. That is relevant to its environmental impact. Technology refers more to the hardware that we use in our daily lives. So I can't help but ask why the discussion suddenly went into pollution and its environmental impact. The thesis portion is confusing. It is the second part or claim that aligns itself with writing expectations. The writer must do one of 2 things:

- Delete the first part and better develop the second part as the introduction
- Delete the second part and connect the frist part to an environmental discussion.

A clearer discussion premise is needed to qualify the later discussion focus.

* Limited review provided due to paper length. Contact me privately for details on how to recieve an extensive review.

Home / Writing Feedback / Write an essay about environment : causes, effects and solutions (write at least 700 words)