Toefl writting for beginner: Why go to the university?

trucanhtran 1 / -  

Do we need to go to University?

When we graduate from high school, we usually ask ourselves these questions: "Do we need to go to University? Is it the best choice for our future? Are there any choices instead?" Many young people at this age will be confused and need the advice from adults. My point of view is that attending the university is very necessary for everyone because of the three reasons below.

First of all, the university is no doubt the symbol of high education. Everything we have studied in high school is fundamental knowledge while we can enhance our majors at university or college. In these places, there are many facilities and professional teachers who get Master or even Doctor degree that help us discover new knowledge or a new world we have never known before. In addition, we have opportunities to get a higher education after getting a bachelor's diploma.

Second, entering the university is the time for us to find our true passion. When we are under 18-year-old, we are looking like small frogs sitting at the bottom of the well. Our world is too small to orient our profession. After harvesting new knowledge from the university, taking part in many activities in real life, or working a part-time job, we will find out our strengths and know exactly what we really like to become.

Thirdly, one thing is for sure, there is a chance for everyone in the community of a university to meet people, make new friends and know individuals of great importance. In my case, I have found colleagues who built up and operated our company with me. We together come to the success

Last but not least important, during 4 years at university, we have to struggle a real life. We not only focus on studying, doing research, and completing every assignment but also attend social activities or work a part-time job. We will learn the way to arrange a timetable so that everything goes smoothly. Overcoming these pressure is one of the necessary qualities that most companies need from their future staff.

In conclusion, I have to give these advices to high school students: "Do not hesitate to enter the university or colleges". This time is very valuable for anyone who knows how to take advantage of it in the right way.
There are 2 things that seperate the TOEFL and IELTS essay tests: IELTS requires a prompt restatement + opinion, TOEFL does not. The latter is a direct discussion method so the flowery introduction and conclusion in this essay is not really necessary. Go directly to the discussion.

Do not offer advice to the reader lither. The commonality of the2 essay tests is that it should present an opinion withouttrying to influence the decision of the reader. Inform but never dictate the reader's action.

Use a uniform method for numerical ordinals. Avoid mixing the reference styles to avoid confusing the reader. Consider the clarity of the presentation which is affected by the mixed style presentation.

Review singular V. plural word use. "These" is the plural form of " this" so "pressure" should be plural, "pressures ".

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl writting for beginner: Why go to the university?