⚠ A Contributor has already posted here! For more answers, please re-open and Urgent this thread!

Average life of a black female - need topic ideas?

Guest /  
Hello everyone:)
I am a senior in high school and I am trying to write a college essay. I am an average student. There have not been any devastating incidents in my life. I have not overcome any tragedy. I am a black female, but I have never been discriminated against or encountered racism. I have no problem writing college essays about issues that interest me or things of that nature, but I do not know what to write about myself. If someone could help me to think of a topic to expand on I would appreciate it. I will write the essay I just need topic ideas.

Thanks!
Sybreena
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
:)))) it seems that you are an honest person. Do you think all the things that people write about are real???? NO, they are not. Most of them are fictional :))). For example, over 90% of students apply to a university to win a fully funded scholarship, and MONEY is the main reason why they like to attend a particular school.

So, you can talk about your goals, your dreams. If you do not have any, you should think about them now. As other students create some fictitious stories and experiences, you should do that too. I can't believe that you have never had any hard situation in your life. Exaggerate those hard conditions (even the minor ones) and elaborate on them. Make them believable. Try to introduce yourself through the essay and write about your feelings.

Hope this helps
OP Guest /  
Thanks:) I have been told in previous english classes to stretch the truth in papers, but I have never gotten that advice for a college essay. I mean of course I won't tell a flat out lie, but at least this gives me a starting point. Thanks for your help!
think all the things that people write about are real???? NO, they are not. Most of them are fictional :))). For example, over 90% of students apply to a university to win a fully funded scholarship, and MONEY is the main reason why they like to attend a particular school.

:D ... Hey.... Ahmad ! Encouraging others to lie ? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

Anyways.... what Ahmad says is true. Most of the admission applications are pretty spiced up to make them attractive. But, I guess they are not completely away from the truth too. As Ahmad says, you may have faced with many situations in life, both good and bad, that you can relate to describe certain personalities of your character. So, what you need is to add salt and pepper to make it an interesting piece of writing. Read the SOPs posted to this forum and get ideas. Ask your self, who you think you are. What factors shaped your character? Who are the persons inspired you? How did they do it? What are your interests? What do you like to be in future and why? .... and so on

Drop down answers to these questions and try to organize them creatively. You can post your essays to this forum and we can give you feed backs : )

Home / Essays / Average life of a black female - need topic ideas?