Comparison essay: conflict in "Cages" vs "Two Kinds" and David Cooperfield vs great expectation

Seks 2 / -  
Supposed to write a comparison essay on dad and sons conflict in Vanderhaeghe's "Cages" VS moms and daughters conflict in Tan's "Two Kinds" (or The Joy Luck Club).

Not sure what/how/where to compare among those 2?????????????
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You might want to start with an introduction that states whether the two types of conflict are essentially the same or very different. Then you would go on to describe each type, giving several examples from the work, using quotations to support your description. Depending on how long the paper is supposed to be, you could include a discussion of the importance of the familial conflict to the work as a whole. I'm not sure about Cages, but it's my understanding that the issue is quintessential to The Joy Luck Club. If you're having trouble getting started, try looking through the books, picking out scenes where the conflict arises, and see if you can arrange them in a logical order for comparison.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
frankie123 - / 2  
A comparison essay on David Cooperfield and great expectation, how to start?

i have to write an comparsion essay on david cooperfield and great expectation,, im having trouble with coming up with a good thesis statement n arguments.. all i can think of is comparing the two characters, david and pip and how they vary from each other.. can u guys give me some ideas
Aleage12 3 / 27  
are you comparing the novels? or the characters? - think about the style, theme, author, etc. if you know the theme/"moral" of ea book it might be easier to generate a thesis- hope this helps a little- I've only read G.E. not D.C.
frankie123 - / 2  
well, since im allow to make up my own thesis statement which means ive an option between comparing either the characters or novels itselfs... idk which would be easier n offers a wider topic

Home / Essays / Comparison essay: conflict in "Cages" vs "Two Kinds" and David Cooperfield vs great expectation