A content analysis of involuntary autobiographical memories

segilola 1 / 2  
Hello

I have got four essay to analyse, and I am really struggling here. I need help please. I have searched some web sites with little luck.

Can anyone help.

Segi
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

The hardest thing about this type of assignment is getting started. When you don't know what to do first, making lists for yourself can be very helpful. Try just informally outlining the major points of each essay. In a "content analysis" you're obviously analyzing the content, so go through each paragraph of the essay and ask yourself, "What was the author really saying here? What point was being made?" Just jot down a few words for each paragraph; at this point you're just doing this for your own benefit. Then, once you can see the major points you've drawn out of the essay, you can stretch those few words you jotted down into sentences.

See if this helps you get started, and if you want some editing help when you have a rough draft, I'd be happy to oblige!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP segilola 1 / 2  
Hi Sarah

Thanks very much for your help. Another thing that is bothering me about the essays is, can I use the same heading as the writer or have I got to change it .

The papers are about 10,000 each, and we were suppose to condemn them to five hundred words.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards
Segi
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

This is one of those questions that really depends on what your instructor wants. Is the heading the name of the essay, or a subtopic within the essay? I am not aware of any concrete rule about headings; also, not having seen the essays makes it even harder for me to answer your question. However, if the headings are the author's form of expression, you do have to be concerned about plagiarism. On the other hand, merely introducing a topic by saying what the topic is shouldn't be plagiarism. I'd have to see it, I think, to know--and even then, I wouldn't want to try to read your instructor's mind. I'm sorry. but I just really can't answer this question, I'm afraid, with the information I have. :-)

Thanks.

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP segilola 1 / 2  
Thanks you Sarah.

Kind Regards
Ann
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
You're welcome! Sorry I couldn't be of more help with your question!

Sarah
silversweet 6 / 14  
Autobiography Essay - till now or imagining the future?

Essay prompt: You have just completed your 300-page autobiography. Please submit page 217.

Does this mean an autobiography of your life till now or imagining the future?
I don't know! They should have been more specific. They were unclear, so you should do it whichever way you choose. make it brilliant, and it will be okay. If you write about the future and somebody says that it was supposed to be about life til now, you can point out that it was unclear. However, my guess is that this is intended to be about the future. You could always make a phone call to the Admissions office! :)

Home / Essays / A content analysis of involuntary autobiographical memories