Creating an introduction and thesis - genetic engineering hazards essay

whoeverbreathe 1 / 1  
Hi, I'm a little bit confused about how to start my essay.
I know there are already so many threads about this, but i just can't find one that fits my question.
what i wanna ask is where should i put the description of genetic engineering?
what should i write in the introduction? what kind of general information?
can anyone give me the right essay order? thanks =DD
silverystars 14 / 105  
Hello Riana,

When I get stumped about how to organize an essay, I say to myself: "What is the point I want to make? What am I saying?" Once I settle on that, I write and create the main body. In the first part of your main body is where you probably want to put a description of genetic engineering. What you should write in your introduction boils down to a similar thought on your main body: "What is the point I am about to make? What am I about to say?" Then you write your introduction with, for example, a quote, a statistic, a thought --- anything that will draw the reader's attention. So here is the order I would use: 1. Say what you're going to say. 2. Say it. 3. Say what you've just said. If you focus your attention on step 2, 1 and 3 will follow easier than if you wrote it all as a linear piece.

Hope this helps!

silverystars
You should probably put your definition of genetic engineering right near the beginning of your introduction. It is always a good idea to define your key terms as soon as possible. After all, how can you introduce your thesis, and say that genetic engineering is hazardous, if you haven't even established what you mean by genetic engineering? You should probably also include a definition of hazardous, as well, so that there is no confusion about what you plan to argue in your essay.
I think of the intro as a place to: intrigue the reader with an interesting sentence as the very first line; implant a few main ideas about the topic, which in this case would be the controversial practices in genetic engineering; boldly state my thesis, the main idea of the essay, the main argument.

When you write the body paragraphs, make your arguments, and more arguments to support your arguments. Explain the counter-argument and refute it. Make your case like a brilliant attorney.
GrammarFool 2 / 4  
get a good hook like with a question.

Was just wondering what potential hazards an architect must look for on site, at the three stages of construction

Concept
Scheme
Detailed Design

Many Thanks
OP whoeverbreathe 1 / 1  
so, the description of genetic engineering should be put on the 1st paragraph right?
thanks all for your help.
when i finish, i will upload it, and maybe you guys can help me check it. thank you, happy easter!
Sounds good! The first paragraph should be specific about what practices you are talking about -- because genetic engineering is a broad subject. That is, I think, what Sean meant.

Regarding the other question:

That sounds like something you could probably find in a textbook or with a bit of searching through articles on the subject. If this is for a research paper, try trade journals, if that is an acceptable source according to your instructor.
ahmed_sobhy - / 1  
Genetic Engineering Argumentative Essay (good thesis?)

Hello, I am supposed to write 1000 words argumentative essay about Genetic Engineering.

However, I can't decide what is a good thesis to write about.

For example there is a thesis: "Genetic Engineered food should / shouldn't be banned for children"

P.S. I can't use this thesis since on of my friends is using it.

Can you suggest a thesis for me ?

Thank you.
danny411 /  
cloning.

discuss the implications of cloning

selective choosing the traits rather than allowing nature to take its course

Home / Essays / Creating an introduction and thesis - genetic engineering hazards essay