Entrance fees help museums survive, but prevent people visiting them

my88626 8 / 16 2  
Dear all, thanks for your suggestion:)

Many museums charge people for admission while others are free. Do you think the advantages of charging people for admission to museum outweigh the disadvantages?

There are many museums charge people for admission, while the others open to public for free. In my opinion, whether the museum should charge admission should depend on different situation.

Firstly, not all museums is public property which will funding and supporting from the government. Today we may see many kinds of museums owned and run by private companies, such as Teddy bear museum in South Korea and chocolate museums. Those museums may choose to charge because they have to pay operation fees for the exhibition and gain revenue from admissions. On the other hands, in order to attract people, museums always need to charge their customers not only to survive but to update their exhibitions and collections and make new purchases. We don't expect to hear bad news that some museums face the problems that they have to cut spending by selling paintings, closing galleries and sacking staff.

However, it will have negative impact if museums charge admission for a high price. If people cannot afford to visit museums, they are being excluded from their country's history, art and achievements. Museums which charge high prices for admission are effectively saying that these things are for a rich elite only, not all the people of a country. Some major museums of national importance such as national museum, museum of a city are suggested to open for free, or charge a generous amount fro admission, especially for young teenagers andstudents.

In a summary, museums are always a good media to promote art and culture. Admission fees help museums to survive and get revenue, but also prevent people from gaining their knowledge. It is suggested that the government should consider providing sponsor to the museums to balance their cost and revenue.
In my opinion, whether the museum should charge admission should depend on different situation.

In my opinion whether museums should charge for admission or not should be based on their reasons for charging.

not all museums is public property which willbefundingfunded and supportingsupported byfrom the government

will & will be are for future. Also the correct grammar forms are;
will fund, will be funding, will be funded
However, this sentence should be written in present tense;

Not all museums are public properties that are funded and supported by the government.
Anyway, this is a very good point : )

Home / Essays / Entrance fees help museums survive, but prevent people visiting them