Essay Structure - Review Statement of Purpose for Korean Goverment Scholarship

ahsan44411 1 / -  

background of the sop writing

Hello everyone. So a little bit of background about the SOP. The KGSP guidelines gave the following instructions for writing the SOP "Goal of study, title or subject of research, and detailed study plan". These instructions are a little vague to me. When I searched on the internet people have written their research proposal in this section. What I can't understand is the "Goal of study part" does it refer to how I will conduct my study if I get the scholarship (which is already defined 1-year language and 2 years for Masters) or talk about my goals for the project that I want to propose.

That being said I wrote down my SOP in the following structure. Kindly review it.

1. Introduction to problem statement along with the research title.
2. Relative experience related to the domain like internships and university projects.
3. Proposed Novel Method for solving the problem and expected results.
4. Scope/Applications of the project.

Questions:
1. Is this the right way to write SOP in the context that I have given in the first paragraph.
2. Should I add heading in the SOP like "Introduction" and "Proposed Method".
3. Should I add my introduction in it even though I will be submitting a personal statement form along with it.

Another meaningless title = ban.
This is the one section of the GKS program that often confuses the applicants. Maybe the keywords used in the description are vague or difficult for non-native English speakers to understand. Actually, it isn't as scary as it sounds. The extremely long titled section boils down to one thing, a thesis proposal. Yup. The thesis proposal that you wrote in college before you could graduate. In fact, it follows the same format for any regular thesis proposal with a few exemptions. Let's break it down:

Goal of study -
Thesis topic with objectives. The reason you chose to study in Korea is because you want to learn about something within your profession that Korea excels at. The goal of your study will be to gain a proficiency in (?), with a final expectation of (?).

Title or Subject of Research -
Self explanatory

Detailed Study Plan -
Based on the information you know about the topic in relation to Korean excellence in the field, what sort of help would you need from the university? Where will you be doing your research? Will you need practical exposure as part of the training? If yes, where. Why that company? What do you hope to gain in terms of theoretical and practical experience from this research? Why is it important that you complete this research?

Those are the normally considered aspects of the Goal of study. You have to basically highlight how you will spend your academic, non-language building, time in Korea. You need to present a thesis before you can graduate. This presentation will at least give the reviewer of the kind of student you will be and if you will be able to bring honor to your country, Korea, and the institution you will be attending.

Note: Your thesis topic may change during the course of your study. This essay is just meant to give an insight into your academic goals and professional objectives in a more detailed manner.

Home / Essays / Essay Structure - Review Statement of Purpose for Korean Goverment Scholarship