How do I write an essay in 15 minutes?! (Architecture/Computer Science major)

shinghan 1 / -  
Hey everyone! I recently transferred from Biochemistry to Architecture/Computer Science and it's been a long while since I've written an essay. Now I have a big midterm coming up for arch and I have to pull two essays out of my butt during the test. Each essay is only supposed to take 15 minutes, which I have NO IDEA how that can happen! The quickest essay I've written was like at least an hour and I actually had time to prepare a little and get my thoughts together. I really need help! For these essays, I have to incorporate the stuff I learned from lectures along with readings which I haven't read at all since my prof only mentioned them in class for like a few minutes.

Can anyone link a good general essay format or like guidelines on how to plan and write an essay?
How would I go about writing an essay in 15 minutes?

Any help/tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
bbish520 8 / 30  
Use the first 5mins to brainstorm a little and organize your thoughts.
The next 10mins just pour your heart out. Give the most important information in the beginning and don't even care about grammer problems cause they don't really care about that in that percise moment...they just want to see if you know the material.

Oh! Remember to paraphrase!
NeonGhost 5 / 20  
1. bring a watch.
2. people do this for the SAT: write a basic skeleton of an essay that you can use as a backbone and fill in the specifics laters.

3. brainstorm your essay for 4 minutes.
4. your intro should basically be done already
its an intro
all you need to do is write.
spend the most time on your body paragraphs
make sure each opening sentence is STRONG
it'll overshadow weak points.
5. finish strong!
Bingbing 2 / 2  
1 getting to know the materials front to back which would definitely enables you to come up with ideas easily in the least possible time.
2 list the errors you often made, such as the gramma problems as well as misspelling and troubles with the concepts. ( you should do this on the night before your exam as it will help you avoid making them to quite an extent.)

3 design your structure before your exam (well-planned and well-organized) by the way, if you do design a perfect structure that belongs to you, you could use it all the time when you have a writing task.)

4 searching for the relavant academic informations on the internet and try to memorise valuable part of them (those parts that you consider you would write on the text paper) which would help your writing speed like a shot!

BEST WISHES FOR YOUR EXAMINATION~~

Home / Essays / How do I write an essay in 15 minutes?! (Architecture/Computer Science major)