Art, design and textiles for the sake of my interests - statement of purpose

nazaninamiri 1 / 1  
Among all people who choose their work, field and majors based on obligations and some logical considerations I was one of the few people who chose her major only for the sake of my interests.

It has been almost seven years that I have been studying about art, design and specifically textiles and I have enjoyed every moment of it despite all the hardships I have been through.

From my childhood I have been always passionate about colours,making collage with papers and make a colorful composition on a piece of paper but I didn't know how to lead this talent and urge of organizing to make it blossom. I have been always concerned about it while I was studying mathematic in high school. My parents preferred me to study architecture and I was preparing myself to do so until the day, which my friend introduced me this fantastic major based on what she knew about my desires.

After I read about that major and I found out that it is exactly what I have been dream of it my entire life then I made my mind to justify my parents to change my major and risk my future up on studying an almost unfamiliar course. I left my hometown to capital city of IRAN, Tehran to pursue my studies in costume and textile designing at one of Tehran's public universities.

In the first two years of the bachelor studies, I got to understand the elementary concepts of fashion design along with fabric and textiles and I noticed that I am more in to textile rather than fashion.

After the second year, I chose my specialism as textile designing then I continued by learning more about sketching, pattern and motif designing, dying the fibers and some elementary courses about weaving .The main courses we have passed were mostly focused on various techniques of printing. We experienced the practical courses in the printing workshops and got familiar with dyes, equipments of printing and the procedures been taken during the production of fabric. in fact we experienced the hand-made printing of our own design.

The other most important and precious thing I have had from my bachelor is the ability of developing the ideas and designs and repeats them in the computer software. I learnt how to repeat my pattern in the Photoshop environment in order to make the fabric ready for mass production.

After I graduated from bachelor I was 22, young and still eager to learn but unfortunately, it appeared that there is not any way to further the study in master in my own country. Besides the market of designing specifically in textiles was not that successful on that time. All the companies expected you to copy the old fashion pattern and follow the lines but I was a fresh energetic graduate who wanted to innovate new things, be creative and be a great designer. Considering the circumstances, I decided to leave Iran and find new opportunities in a new country.

I studied design technology in one of the best public universities in Malaysia. Coming to Malaysia was a great experience. Living in a multi cultural country and tropical region allowed me to explore lot of new things. Nature by its own taught me lot of vulnerable lessons. I inspired from the vibrant colors, textures, and pattern of plants and animals, which surrounded me, and during my study in university, I concentrated on developing my ideas to create a successful design. It was a great opportunity, which taught me how to be a bright intelligent designer, how to have a sharp and exact vision of my environment and inspired it to create a textile design in my own language. I noticed after two years that I really want to work as a designer's studied a lot about successful designers in textile and I watched lot of their brilliant visual artworks many times and I wished that one day I could create my own designs, see my textiles in market and on people's bodies and having my own brand of designing t-shirts, making quilts, home furnishing and all these tings that I am passionate about them. but I feel that I'm not still ready for stand in a great place that I have considered for myself in life. I need to learn more about modern techniques of printing, materials, study a bit about fabric history and do more practical courses about designing specifically in textile. Just few steps remained to reach to where I really tried hard for it. I am not still satisfied with myself and I think the Scad University with those amazing courses that offers for its MA can be a very good chance for me to complete my long journey to achieve my desires and goals. I cannot wait to become that expert in my major to work as a talented and great designer. I really faced through lots of difficulties to reach this high summit in my life and I strongly can tackle with any other hardships that will happen in future only to reach this very delightful part of my life. Become well educated and successful in my career.
In a sentence like this, you probably should use SINCE:
It has been almost seven years since I began studying art, design, and specifically textiles, and I have enjoyed every moment of it despite all the hardships I have been through.----I added some commas.

From my childhood I have been always passionate about colours,making collages with papers and make a colorful composition on a piece of paper, but I didn't know how to lead this talent and urge of organizing to make it blossom. I have been always concerned about it while I was studying mathematics in high school.

After I read about that major and I found out that it is exactly what I have been dreaming abou t my entire life then I made my mind to justify to my parents my decision to change my major and risk my future on studying an almost unfamiliar course.

Capitalize: In fact, we experienced the hand-made...

It was a great opportunity, which taught me how to be a bright and intelligent designer and how to have a sharp and exact vision of my environment, and this inspired me to...

I really faced through lots of difficulties to reach this high summit in my life and I strongly can tackle with any other hardships challenges in the future only to reach this very delightful part of my life.

I am prepared, to become well educated and successful in my career.

:-)
OP nazaninamiri 1 / 1  
thank u kevin.very much.it was really helpful:)

Home / Graduate / Art, design and textiles for the sake of my interests - statement of purpose