Enhancing energy efficiency is an important issue for oil and gas companies; letter @ my dream univ

djdevplay 1 / -  
Dear Graduate Coordinator

I am very much interested in pursuing the Master's degree at Univ xxx in Electrical Engineering. From my review of the graduate program and discussion with other professionals, it is very evident that univ xxx provides high quality graduate level education programs. I respectfully submit this letter of application since I believe my academic background and experience are well suited to meet the needs of your institute.

Enhancing energy efficiency is an important issue for oil and gas companies. For petroleum feedstocks to continue serving as world's primary energy resource for the years to come, it is imperative that energy efficiency is the key component for energy management in oil and gas companies. The present circumstances demand for quality power engineers who can introduce more efficient technologies, equipment & processes that can be a major contribution to both environmental protection and energy security. Currently, as an Estimation engineer in the construction industry I strongly believe that my desire to contribute extensively to such innovations is only possible by having an in-depth understanding of the present scenario and by keeping up with the pace of innovation happening around.

Courses like renewable energy sources in my fourth semester introduced me to the aspects of Renewable Energy conservation and conversion. The lectures were the first rudimentary building block for my interest and enthusiasm in this field. I found myself especially absorbed by the course power systems & its integration to a renewable energy. This lead to my final year dissertation titled "A New Single Phase Inverter with D-STATCOM Capability for Grid Connected Small Wind Turbine" which was widely acclaimed by the Professors of my Department. The main goal of the project was to present a new inverter with D-STATCOM capability in a single unit without any additional cost. The function of the inverter is to transfer active power to the grid as well as keeping the power factor of the local grid constant at a target power factor regardless of the incoming active power from the wind turbine. Through this project I had the opportunity to learn a lot more about FACTs devices, multilevel inverters, the control of Active & reactive power to & from the grid. This project, coupled with my interest in the Electrical Power Systems field motivated me to pursue a career in this field.

As a holder of Bachelor's Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, I am working in "YYY" (popularly known as Yyyy Yyy), a sister company to XXX Group) which is a leading MEP contracting company in the ZZZ . I joined as an Estimation Engineer in tendering & contracts department. While working as an estimation engineer, I have become familiar with different electrical systems & low current systems of various projects. So, as my career goal is to become a successful expert, I decide to become familiar with edge cutting technologies of oil & gas industries.

In this path, I choose "xxx country " because it is one of the most oil-bearing nations in the Middle East. It is an energy superpower and the conventional strategy for power generation in this country has largely evolved around the usage of inexpensive local fossil fuels. The XXX from the earliest days of oil discoveries, has demonstrated its realization of the need for constant technological improvements in the oil industry to keep pace with the world at large. After a broad search, I found the graduate studies at yyy is the best choice for me because the faculty of the institute are highly qualified and perform high quality research. They work closely with national industry and other research centres on research projects involving the newest technology and students are encouraged to participate in these projects. Moreover, this program includes numerous theoretical courses such as Power System Operation and Control, Power System Planning, Modern Control Engineering and also provides exposure to industry and real-world electrical engineering issues. This program is delivered from a multi-disciplinary perspective, thus equipping graduates for a diverse range of modern technological roles. I believe that Graduate education in the Electrical Engineering Program at XXX will provide me an opportunity to grow in the Oil & Gas industry and look forward to offer my contributions to the society.
Afraah, the important question that this letter should answer is "How will completing this higher degree program help my career in the future?". Consider what qualifications you have at the moment and how it relates to your future work objectives. Disregard your college accomplishments, those do not amount to much in higher learning applications. That information should only be skimmed over as a part of your educational foundation. You need to show the reader that you are a qualified student based upon your current work experience and future goals. Mentioning your current work experience and recently attended seminars or training programs will also be a definite plus in such applications. Don't dwell on the past too much. What you think may be impressive and applicable from that time may not serve any purpose at present. Stick to portraying yourself as a strong candidate for the school based upon your current work experience, training and seminars, short and long term goals, and finally, the need or reason for your desire to complete these studies. Talk about YOU TODAY NOT THE YOU IN THE PAST.

Home / Graduate / Enhancing energy efficiency is an important issue for oil and gas companies; letter @ my dream univ