My immediate goal is to pursue Master's degree with a focus in Computer Science:SOP

omeryounus 2 / 3  
Dear All,

I want to apply to US uni they ask me to write SOP, can you please check the content of below letter:

Modern technology has greatly simplified our lives and released us from daily chores and repetitive tasks. Having seen so many applications of computer like in banking, travel, airport, grocery and health care, I was tempted to learn about computer. I personally feel much comfortable in the field of computer Science as its gives me desired result as I wanted to be. I have always been fascinated by technology and computers, and always wanted to be a part of this community. At my childhood age, I still remember that day when my father bought me a computer and I was able to operate it on very first day without anyone's instructions. Since then I was keen in learning computer more and more. I select computer as my elective subject in my higher secondary school and which gave me insight on Object Oriented programing and I was able to program in C language which open doors of new world to me. During my postgraduate study, I had a keen interest towards programming which improved my logical ability to analyze problem. My immediate goal is to pursue Master's degree with a focus in Computer Science to have a broader understanding of this subject area which plays a crucial role.

In addition to my educational background, I also possess a vast experience in diverse working environments. Throughout my professional career, I have always held highly responsible positions in the field of ICT, from software application developer in a private company to the information management officer in an International NGO. The responsibility of this position not only kept me abreast of latest technology but also improved my ability to adapt to a multicultural working environment. Being more than three years in the IT industry, I have been able to broaden my professional knowledge; acquire valuable research experience together with outstanding leadership and management skills. It also taught me the value of commitment and perseverance in the pursuit of accomplishing my dream. As I have studied Geographical Information Science in my post-graduation in which I have learned programming languages which makes me to work as application developer in software industry but it would be great If I have the knowledge of actual computation, software engineering and software development life cycle and also to further enhance my knowledge in the field of Computer Science so I decided to undertake a Master degree in Computer Science.

The development of modern technology in developing countries has still been lagging behind in many aspects. Being a citizen of developing country, I believe it is my responsibility to contribute to the society by working on real life engineering problems either in academia or industry. All these objectives demand that, I need to enhance my knowledge base. I am glad to find that Master of computer science program is well aligned with my academic desires and other aspirations. Further, I have thoroughly read the program details and the courses and I strongly feel that this is the perfect program that can help me achieve my goal.

It would be a great honor for me if given an opportunity to pursue further studies at your highly esteemed university.
hellogrk 2 / 6  
I select selected computer science as my elective subject in my higher secondary school and which gave me insight on Object Oriented programing and I was able to program in C language which open doors of new world to me.

Otherwise its good. If the university has specifically asked you to write only few words then its okay. if not one more para would be better
abhijeetnayak 1 / 9  
Is it a generic SOP or answer to specific question?
If it's SOP, then you have to work hard on it. It severely lacks content to get you a decent college.
First para -> Obvious,

The development of modern technology in developing countries has still been lagging behind in many aspects. Being a citizen of developing country, I believe it is my responsibility to contribute to the society by working on real life engineering problems either in academia or industry. -> You have to specify which technology is lagging.

Home / Graduate / My immediate goal is to pursue Master's degree with a focus in Computer Science:SOP