'my Industrial Attachment' - Personal Statement - Msc Telecommunications

reggaez 1 / 1  
"there wasnt any specific instructions given for this personal statement" this is my 1st draft of my personal statement for the MSc Telecommunications

______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________

My personal rendezvous with the internet and computers began back in 1997 when I was presented a PC from my parents. Thanks to my supportive parents, I was able to become PC literate at a relatively young age. I am lucky enough to be able to witness the evolution of Telecommunications from using 56K dial-up internet which has frequent disconnections to high speed broadband.

My interest in Telecommunications grew during my Industrial Attachment at XYZ . My work consists of guiding users on troubleshooting modem and network issues over the phone , also providing onsite support together with the local ISP personnel. It was my first gateway into the Telecommunications field.

Desirous of raising my interest to a professional level, I decided to pursue a Degree in Information Technology at Queensland University of Technology. I relish this opportunity as it was an eye opener as I was able to learn about another country's culture and living standards. I flourished in this challenging experience, often achieving higher grades than my classmates.

Due to credit exemptions, I spent two semesters in QXT and graduated with a course GPA of 5.625 out of 7. During the course of study, my knowledge of the Telecommunications field expanded. I was able to get firsthand experience about different kinds of communication networks through usage of mobile networks as a consumer.

In April 2010, I got a position as Technical Support Advisor at ABC. My work evolves providing technical help over the phone for mainly iPhone, iPad and iPod users in the Asia Pacific region. Being trilingual, I am fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English , which is of great help in my job scope to communicate with end users from different walks of life. My reliability, efficiency and speed of recognizing issues makes me a key member of the team. It's also at ABC that I get the chance to work with various telecom companies on product testing and training.

Currently, I am working as a Network Engineer at 123. I have been attached to the SOEasy project to monitor all network related issues onsite. SOEasy is a project for all the Government agencies in Singapore to standardize operating environments and applications.

My fields of interest however spread over a wide spectrum of areas. I am especially fascinated by internetworking, communications through digital systems which amazes me to choose telecommunication and networking as a field for pursuing masters. I am confident that my undergraduate study has provided me with sufficient knowledge in order to take up any one of these as my specialization in my graduate study and to gain further in-depth knowledge in the field of telecommunication.

One of the most important lessons I have learnt from my work experiences is to accept both failure and success with a positive frame of mind. I find myself ready for the next challenge from which to advance my career and I believe a Masters is the key to fulfilling my goals in becoming an IT Manager in the future.

The award winning faculty and excellent facilities at your university makes the program ideally suited to my professional goals. It is one of the most dynamic universities providing personal attention to students and extensive academic resources. Ranked the best university in Greater China for Engineering and Technology, I hope to be given this invaluable opportunity to further pursue my studies at one of Asia's best universities and take the first step towards realizing one of my personal goals.
My personal rendezvous with the internet and computers began back in 1997 when I was presented a PC by my parents.

I've been lucky enough to be able to witness the evolution of Telecommunications, from using 56K dial-up internet which had frequent disconnections, to high speed broadband.

My interest in Telecommunications grew during my Industrial Attachment at XYZ.

My work consists of guiding users on troubleshooting modems and network issues over the phone,and also providing onsite support together with the local ISP personnel.

My work involves providing technical help over the phone for mainly iPhone, iPad and iPod users in the Asia Pacific region.

Being trilingual, I am fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English, which is of great help in my job scope to communicate with end users from different walks of life.

My fields of interest however, are spread over a wide spectrum of areas.

The award winning faculty and excellent facilities at your university makes the program ideally suited to my professional goals.

I hope this helps! Good luck with school!

:)
OP reggaez 1 / 1  
thanks susan! i will edit my essay!

Home / Graduate / 'my Industrial Attachment' - Personal Statement - Msc Telecommunications