My intellectual passion is in the computer sciences. Florida Tech Essay

STEMkid 2 / 2  
[b]Florida Tech's location maximizes students' ability to explore careers, gain work experience and conduct research with faculty in their major of interest. How would you take advantage of these opportunities?

My intellectual passion is in the computer sciences. As I was arbitrating which AICE courses to take in my junior year, I pondered about what I want to do in the future. I tried to imagine myself in ten years, trying to see where I would be, and what I would be doing. For a whole good month, I was in utter incertitude. Then, one day I decided I'd ask one of my Embry-Riddle professors to guide me towards a field I would enjoy. My immediate question was, "What profession is extremely fun that involves engineering?" in which he responded with, "You have a passion for computers, it is very likely that you will be in that field, I suggest computer sciences.

At that moment, I researched for days about computer sciences; enough to where I could write multiple papers, I had realized computer sciences is where my career will be. As a student at FIT learning computer sciences, I will apply myself to take apart of internship opportunities and work with others in creating any technology that can benefit the world. Having the opportunity to take apart of internships at major firms such as Microsoft, would definitely exploit my passion to be a computer scientist. When I ruminate about being a computer scientist, it prompts me of a quote by Confucius: "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." FIT will catalyze my passion to be a computer scientist.

Are there any errors? How does this essay seem? I'm a high school student with college credit if you're wondering about the embry riddle thing...
The essay you presented says a lot without actually answering the prompt. You were supposed to discuss how the facilities and opportunities offered by Florida Tech would be able to help you enhance your learning experience. The answer to the prompt needs to contain references to the various student programs, internships, mentor programs, and other learning avenues available to the students at Florida Tech. There were no references to such academic and hands on training programs in your essay. So you were not able to satisfy the prompt. I suggest that you do a little research about the university programs in relation to your major and use the results of that to rewrite your essay in a way that better adheres to the requirements of the essay. Since you mention that you have college credits, you should already have an idea as to what kind of academic and training programs will be required for your major. So look into those programs. Ask your professor for further advice if needed :-) He should be able to get you onto the right track with the revision. Ask him what kind of academic subjects and training programs would be relevant to your chosen major and go from there.

Home / Graduate / My intellectual passion is in the computer sciences. Florida Tech Essay