Why Should We Offer You a Place? - Personal Statement for University of Manchester

dreykusuma 4 / 9 3  
Hello guys, looking forward for your advice for my personal statement.
here is the prompt

Please provide a brief (500 words max) personal statement to help us form a more complete impression of you. We recommend you follow a structure like the one below.

Project Management is a growing field in my country, as the impact of government implementation of Master Plan for Acceleration and Expansion the Country Economic Development (MPAEED) aiming for high economic growth. Consequently, the well qualified professional in Project Management field would be required as the part of MPAEED Project Execution.

As a pioneer with proven reputation in Project Management education, University of Manchester have developed a strong industry related course structure to ensure the application of project management up to date and relevant to current practice. Moreover, as a part of engineering school, this program offers development in technical expertise as well as project management tools & techniques which would help students to see problems with various point of view, leading to a more comprehensive problem solving and better decision making. Those benefit above have led me to confidently select Engineering Project Management MSc in University of Manchester.

My job as a Project Engineer in engineering team of raw material handling & storage division has enhance my analytical and critical thinking skill in problem solving frame during the engineering design phase. I believe those skills will be important to develop a critical approach about a subject aiming at a schematic problem solving for the Project Management Research Methods study during my Dissertation project.

Moreover, a position as a Project Management & Control in Harbor Stockyard Project has provide me a further challenge in my career due to the broad responsibility to handle and has benefit me in several ways. One, it provide me the hands on experience to planning and progress monitoring of the project which would be a great foundation for the study of Project Management & Control. Two, the position has exposed me with the knowledge about EPC contract application in the project which would come handy for the Contract Management Study as a strategic skill in project implementation.

Beside the above professional experience, I periodically engage with the community in my company. I spend time to do the knowledge sharing activity and provide training for the junior colleague. I am one of the engineer selected to provide pre-departure training for our project team member before they was sent for the overseas training. Those experience hone my communication and presentation skill which would be beneficial for me to present the concept, idea, and communicating the result of my research in my Dissertation.

My previous education has also provide me with Industrial Management and Sociology Industry module which is relevant to the Project Management and Applied Project Management studies.

In conclusion, as an experienced and passionate candidate who is seeking a future career in the Project Management field, I believe that I would be a suitable candidate for University of Manchester Engineering Project Management Program. My Previous experience has provide me with the skills necessary to ensure my successful completion of the program. In the end, I believe the program would benefit me by keeping me competitive for my future career development.
Andrey, as I read through your essay, I believe you answered what is asked of you to do and
for the purpose of the essay as well.
Now, I would like to re-direct your attention to the last 3 paragraphs of your essay and focus on the corrections that might help you
enhance you essay.

5th paragraph

- Besides the above professional experience,
-I periodically'm engaged with the community in my company .
- I spend time toand do the knowledge sharing activity
- and provide training for the junior colleagues .
- I am one of the engineers selected
- they wasare sent for the overseas training.
- ThoseThis experiences hone my communication
- and presentation skills which would be beneficial for me...

4th paragraph ( this paragraph can be merged into the 3rd paragraph )
- My previous education has also provided me with Industrial...

Final paragraph
- In conclusion, as an experienced and passionate candidate who is seeking a future career
- suitable candidate for the University of
- My Previous experience has provide meArmed with the skills and education necessary to ensure my successful completion of the program. In the end , I believe the program would benefit me byin keeping mea

- competitive for my future for a career development.

There you have it Andrey, I hope my remarks helped and enhanced your essay to enforce conviction and eagerness in making it to the program.

Home / Graduate / Why Should We Offer You a Place? - Personal Statement for University of Manchester