PANDA and BES||| experiments;(Nuclear physics) PhD motivation letter

Amin 1 / 3  
Motivation Letter - Amin Attarzadeh KVI PhD application.

According to my research area in the basis of Nuclear physics, I want to note some points of view to you;
My MSc's project which is titled by "Fast neutron (14 MeV) attenuation measurement for specification of geophysical parameters of core samples and its application in Oil industry "was taken place in Neutron physics laboratory with one pulsed neutron generator (Cockcroft Walton 150 KV ).

Before commence of experiments I had to spend some trainings in laboratory, radiation protection and shielding, electronics components in nuclear experiments setup (nuclear electronics), gamma spectroscopy and fundamentals of linear accelerator.

I spent all of them in four month in squeeze training program. In spite of pulsed neutron nature in this experiments one of the problems that was encountered to me is pile up issue. We could reduce it by choosing efficient detectors like plastic scintillator and some electronics circuitry to Pile up Rejection. Although in many parts of research we interested to compare the data from experiments to same data from simulation in same situation, so we were used to simulate the situation by Monte Carlo method as MCNP codes. Because of using MCNP codes for simulation I had contributed to MCNP workshop in Tehran.

After graduation I have pursued the learning of simulation techniques by MCNP and commence to install Geant4 platform for simulation. Because of flexibility of Geant4 to simulation of the many atomic and nuclear reactions, I stimulated to be enhancing my ability in C++ programming, limited to Geant4 procedures.

Moreover, the remarkable part of my research in MSc was about detectors which were choosing the efficient type to experimental setup, so the reading of book which is named "Radiation detection and Measurement "by Glenn F.Knoll could help me very well to assay spectrum and data accusation from detectors.

At the end according to the details that I mentioned above and relative compliance of PANDA and BES||| experiments with my abilities I want to declare my readiness for contribution on PANDA and BES||| experiments in the basis of PhD student.
programmer 6 / 23 2  
don't say to you in the first line, it's awakward. then say : instead of ; and then put bullets infront of each task, but if you want to continue it just like telling a story don't use : at all. i recommend not using :

some trainings, is very informal, try to reword it in a more formal way, phd is not a game.
Because of flexibility of Geant4 to simulation of the many how many "of"s? try to reduce that. Dont' use moreover when starting a new paragraph, moreover is like and, it just just a parallel idea, so it shouldn't be separated.

At the end"," don't say readiness, it's not a correct usage of the word in your essay, replace it with a more common word.

in the basis of (a)? phd student.
well i'm as iranian as well. just tried to be helpful. If you had further questions, feel free to ask me.
OP Amin 1 / 3  
thank you for your edition of my letter
According to your useful consultant, I revised it and resent it for you
please check again it and let me know any defect that you could find in it .
Im waiting to your answer
Amin Attarzadeh
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
I think you should talk more about where you are going to apply to. Where is it? Why did you choose this place for continuing your study, as a Ph.D student, at? Talk about its positive aspects, like facilities.
programmer 6 / 23 2  
date should be the right side, November, 2012
OP Amin 1 / 3  
Dear Mr.Zafari,
Thank you so much for your comments,
I want to mention this book because this book has vital information and techniques for nuclear physics experts, and it could show to reader my information media.

So, I insist to depict the title of book by grammatical regards, as you say to me.
Having gamma spectroscopy, nuclear electronics, shielding and radiation protection skills are necessary for any candidate whom considers chance to selection so the declaration of them necessary because I could not show this skills in the list of MSc score and BCs score.

Anyway, I would like to know your point of view about my discussion.
Best regards,
Amin Attarzadeh
.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
As I said before, you should talk about the university/institute that you are going to apply to. Plus, it is not enough to list your experiences one by one. As you are talking about your experiences you should also talk about your abilities. Highlight your special capabilities and talent in this field of study.

In addition, pay more attention to grammar and avoid copying other students' works.
OP Amin 1 / 3  
Hi again Dear Mr.Zafari,
Thank you for your sujestions,
Please let me know about the prevalent type fonts and their size of font to writing the letter.
thanks.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Thank you for your sugg estions, :)))))

Font : Time New Roman
Size : 12pt

Wish you luck

Home / Graduate / PANDA and BES||| experiments;(Nuclear physics) PhD motivation letter