international working environment; Motivation letter /Nuclear Engineering-PHD

AleMnc 1 / 2 1  
Hello! I' am applying to a PhD position but I am not sure about my motivation letter. Could you please give me some advice? Thank you in advance!

I am writing you because I heard about the project dealing with "XXX" from a friend and I would like to be considered for it.

I am really interested in the topic and I think that with my studies in Nuclear Engineering at XXX I have the basic knowledge you are looking for, and attitude for experimental work. At the moment I'm carrying out my master thesis work in the nuclear research center XXX and I'm going to get my degree in July. My actual project is dealing with the validation of simulations for dose assessment in pediatric CT examinations through phantom measurements, and I'm also integrating the work with simulations with different programs aimed to dose calculations. In this experience as trainee in XXX I've learnt how to perform experimental work and melt it with theoretical studies.

During these months I'm also appreciating the collaboration and contact with people from different countries, and I think that this position is a good chance to enjoy this international working environment. Moreover if it will be necessary I will be pleased to collaborate with European partners and even carry out measurements in other laboratories.

I enthusiastically look forward to putting my knowledge and skills into practice in this project, and at the same time to prove myself and learn more; I hope to have your news soon.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,
CherryPac18 10 / 29 1  
Is there a prompt or something? so i can better understand what you're writing to.
OP AleMnc 1 / 2 1  
No, there is only a space where to write a motivation letter in the form for the application...
and there is also a space for additional information where I can say more about my studies.
Well, I think you need to polish this a bit more. Following link has some sample letters of motivation. Hope this would be helpful for you.

Generally, the letter of motivation talks in detail about the candidate's professional goals; both long term and short term. I think you better include them here. Also tell them why you think that you are the right person for this program.
OP AleMnc 1 / 2 1  
Thank you for your help. I've already sent it, but I think that your advices will be useful for next occasions... ;)

Home / Graduate / international working environment; Motivation letter /Nuclear Engineering-PHD