Specialize in Signal processing & VLSI; SOP in VLSI, MS

goldiekapur 1 / -  
I would like to introduce myself as Goldie Kapur. I have completed my bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Communication from SIR M.VISVESVARAYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY an esteemed institution .I always have the ambition of pursuing the MS program right from my childhood days.

I firmly believe that inquisitive and explorative attitude leads to constant learning process. As an Electronics Engineer, I looked for graduate study to refine my knowledge and skills in my areas of interest. I believe it will also serve to give direction to my goal of a career as research oriented organization.

During my undergraduate study subjects like Communication systems, Signal processing, VLSI, Control systems, Microprocessors have been my favorite subjects. In particular I like Signal processing & VLSI, and would like to specialize in that. The electronic chip has always fascinated me. As years roll by the size of the chip is decreasing and the cost is decreasing effectively. Though the size is decreasing, the sophistication of the function performed by the chip is increasing all the time. This advancement in the technology of the chip industry has inspired me to work in that industry, but as for my MS degree, I would remain open to other topics as well.

My project work during my final year of undergraduate course was on "Virtual Medical Home" in Dot Net technology with Microsoft SQL Server on the backend. It is targeted at easing the entire prescription process between a patient and a doctor by making the whole process online. Hence, with an aspiration to specialize in area of VLSI or Signal processing, I present my application in front of you hoping for positive consideration.

I am aware universities in USA offer great scope and encouragement for Intellectual & academic development. The process of technical advancement is very fast in USA. Hence, USA has emerged as world leader in Science & Technology. In order to keep myself updated with latest technical advances I am keen to obtain MS degree in USA.

After consulting my Professors, Friends, seniors studying in USA your university has been recommended very highly for its excellent faculty & learning experience. I always believe that essence of university education lies in synergetic relationship between student and his department. I feel that graduate study at your university will be the most logical extensions of my objectives. I am confident that wholesome education that I receive at your university will stand me in good stead through out my career.

I sincerely request you to consider my application for admission into your reputed university. I would be grateful to you if I am accorded the opportunity to pursue my higher studies and given the opportunity, I am sure that I will be able to able to achieve my goals keeping in touch with the expectations of the university.

Looking forward to be a part of your graduate program.
applenpeach - / 5 1  

The introduction is not strong enough(this is just what I think)

SIR M.VISVESVARAYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY an esteemed institution

SIR M.VISVESVARAYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY,an esteemed institution.

I always have the ambition

I always had the ambition

Good luck!
.I always have the ambition of pursuing the MS program right from my childhood days.

Well this sounds a bit odd. When you say "from my childhood", the reader feels that what could child would know about MS program. I think you better rephrase this line.

During my undergraduate study subjects like Communication systems, Signal processing, VLSI, Control systems, Microprocessors have been my favorite subjects.

During my undergraduate studies, my favorite subjects have been Communication systems, Signal processing, VLSI, Control systems and Microprocessors.

The electronic chip has always fascinated me.

I feel this is a better line to start your para :)
applenpeach - / 5 1  
I also think your SOP is a little wordy. Is there a word limit for this?

Home / Graduate / Specialize in Signal processing & VLSI; SOP in VLSI, MS