STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR MSC IN PROCESS SYSTEMS DESIGN AND ENGINEERING

ronajiri 1 / -  

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

My interest in Process Systems Design and Engineering dates back to my undergraduate internship at the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company. I recall being bewildered at the size of the fractional distillation column as well as the complex pipe network and equipment both static and rotating that all came together to produce different petroleum products in hundreds of barrels per day.

As a child I grew up under the close tutorage and mentorship of my father who was an accomplished mechanical engineer with an MSc in Mechanical Engineering and a Ph.D. in Engineering Management from the University of Houston, Texas and was the General Manager of the biggest steel manufacturing plant in West Africa. It was inevitable that I would follow in my father's footsteps and become an engineer. Having a strong affinity for physical sciences and mathematics and a relationship with engineers from different fields, I went ahead and studied Mechanical Engineering from the university of PortHarcourt, Rivers State Nigeria.

After my first degree I found employment at <COMPANY NAME> and this a began my career in Process systems design and engineering. The company specializes in Thermal Process Engineering and Industrial Waste management. The company is involved in design, construction, installation and commissioning of various process plants and systems that provide solution to problems found in the various sectors of the Nigerian economy. I started out as a trainee engineer and over the years I have as part of a team executed the design and construction installation and commissioning of several key industrial projects including Gas Flares and Pressure relief system of Oil and Gas Production facilities, Hazardous Waste Incinerators of various types, Plastic Recycling facilities with a Pyrolysis Reactor, Waste to Energy Municipal Waste Gasification Plants, Waste Water Treatment facilities (small and large scale) and several other process systems.

It has always been a dream of mine to carve a niche for myself in the industrial sector of the economy in my country which has all its sectors saturated with various problem I believe can be solved with development of well designed and technologically advanced process systems that meets the current worlds standards thereby aiding in national and economic growth.

With my goals in mind and based on experience gathered over the years, I realized I have only scratched the surface in process systems design and engineering and thus my desire to increase my knowledge and skill by undertaking an MSc course in process systems engineering in your noble institution. Records of your institution have been nothing short of excellent over the years. I have friends who speak highly of their stay in your institution and being a leading institution and pioneer in the field of PSE, <UNIVERSITY NAME> not only provides the environment that allows for advanced learning and innovative thinking, but also has the academic staff to inspire excellence and confidence in the students. though I realize that admission into the graduate school is highly competitive, I however, consider myself qualified and prepared for any challenge.

With a keen interest in PSE and a lot more than a strong drive to succeed, I hope this statement demonstrates that I am a strong candidate for admission to <UNIVERSITY NAME> graduate school.
Paragraphs 3,4,5, are the only usable paragraphs for a masters sop in this presentation. The revised version must focus on these aspects as these are strongly considered elements in a candidate. These paragraphs must be further enhanced with vital related information to further enhance the applicants undergraduate and professional profile. Targeting a possible master thisis in reference to continuing education is preferable.

The weakest aspects relate to the course and university choices. More in-depth consideration presentations are needed to help emphasize the learning and practical goals of the student. The reasons provided are based on common information, which is not the same as aligned learning outcomes based on program objectives and opportunities.

Home / Graduate / STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR MSC IN PROCESS SYSTEMS DESIGN AND ENGINEERING