Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

'study of mathematics' - any errors and changes to be Made for this letter?

kanthvinay 1 / -  
Hello guyz I am applying for a PhD Program with an emphasis on Financial Mathematics for spring 2015 Intake, I request you to point out the mistakes, Flaws etc., Thank You Very Much!!

"The study of mathematics, like the Nile, begins in minuteness but ends in magnificence."

It is with a sincere sense of gratitude towards the opportunity given to me that I pen down this statement. It is said that Mathematics is the gate and key of the Science. Primarily mathematics is a way of thinking, a way of organizing a logical proof.

Today, as a 22-year-old individual, I perceive that life for me has been a process of conscious evolution. The most integral part of this growth is the value system taught to me by my parents, teachers and mentors combined with a natural curiosity for mathematics. This played a vital role in my decision making for the future. Apparently, my liking for mathematics has guided me into pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Sciences. This decision gave me ample opportunity to consolidate my creative energies and harness my analytical skills after which I choose to further excel in mathematics and cracked a few entrances tests to get qualified for the master's education. I got 19th rank in NITWET entrance exam for Master`s in Applied Mathematics which was conducted across INDIA.

The two year study of specialization in mathematics has been a great learning and enriching process for me. Apart from the abstract side of mathematics, I have begun to develop a fondness towards computational aspects of mathematics which encouraged me to look into different horizons particularly financial mathematics. Gradually I also excelled in many subjects like Probability and statistics, Topology and Discrete Mathematics to name a few.

I have scored a CGPA of 6.56 on a 10 point scale grading system and have always figured among the top 10% in my class. Although this score may seem low to many, I can personally attest the fact that it is a considerably good score at a place like N.I.T Warangal, which is an institution of national importance in India and where the course structure is both highly advanced and rigorous with 7.2 being the highest CGPA secured by any student in my class.

I have always maintained a perfect balance between by academic career and co-curricular tasks. As a result I have achieved many accolades in sports like cricket and badminton and am known for being tech savvy as I always keep myself updated about all the new technological trends. I was also approached by one of my professor who wanted me to help him develop and maintain our department website. I, even as a child have always cherished organizing events which came in handy when I was thrust with similar responsibilities at my college very often.

During my graduation, I got recruited by a few software companies as an Associate Software Engineer. I was the one among the two candidates selected out of more than five hundred people who attended the interview conducted by IGATE patni for Software Engineer position.I have a PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications) Certification which will serve as an additional and essential qualification.

Although I'm not a native speaker of English, all my schooling and college education has been taught in English. As a result I am exceptionally good at written and am considerably good at oratory skills in English.

I have no doubt that Your University is 'the' appropriate one for me, since it provides a unique mix of educational advantages. It is one of the most dynamic universities providing personal attention and extensive academic resources along with superior education in the field of Mathematics with the help of capacious courses. Here, I will receive the education that gives me both analytical skills and intellectual discipline which will shape me as a leader in both qualitative and quantitative aspects. In all, it is a comprehensive school that furnishes an education that will serve me well in my career and prepare me for a lifetime of learning. This will ultimately help me provide vital contributions to society and work in a way to expedite the advancement and betterment of humanity as a whole.

Home / Graduate / 'study of mathematics' - any errors and changes to be Made for this letter?