I used to enjoy the songs of busker on public transport in capital city of Indonesia - SOP

Ardhy 1 / -  
Motivation Letter

When I was in college, I used to enjoy the songs of busker on public transport in capital city of Indonesia, Jakarta. One of memorable lyric is "... And its time of development; each year more and more rampant unemployment; this era has been crazy; beauty can buy the capital ... "There are hundreds of similar lyrics that can be heard every day on public transports, roads, and city's corner in Jakarta where the buskers spent much of their life to earn money. A piece of the story has been often heard and become the public consumption in Indonesia as well as in International. A documentary from a Canadian director, Daniel Ziv, has picked up the story about this issue through documentary of three charismatic buskers - Boni, Ho, and Titi - over a five-year period. This story is so dramatically indicates that Indonesia's economic growth, the largest economy in Southeast Asia, does not provide a proportionate and equitable portion between the rich and the poor.

The story of this Street people has prompted me to take a master's program in development studies focusing on the study of human development especially in the field of education. I found this study particularly relevant for developing education in Indonesia where there are many children in rural and peril-urban areas drop out of school or stop their education. I have hypothesized that one reason for the economic backwardness in Indonesia is caused primarily by the lack of education, therefore, the development in this field will have direct implications for economic development. In addition, by taking this course I will be able to synergize between the theoretical and the practical ability, and improvement of effective strategies to build people of Indonesia. In the future, I plan to use my knowledge and experience to develop education and economic development in the area where I live. I believe that education is an important factor that can lead people to a better economic life.

My study at college was heavily influenced my own perspective about development studies. During the first year, I join actively in the class of politics, economics, and sociology which gave me the foundation about a holistic approach for studying developing economies. In the last year at college, I prefer to focus on studies concerning the International political economy on trade relations between countries. This thesis drive me to a wide range comprehension about general factor that can influence economic growth in country and its relation with the boundaries. Beside active in the class, I had a chance to develop a model of education for street children while studying in a bachelor degree by forming "FISIP Mengajar". The program provided multi-skill education to street children and poor people in urban areas. Most of the street children are out of school who work as buskers and pickers who are blind to education. Through this program, we have managed to slightly change into their lives through increased insight by the development of entrepreneurial skills and the importance of education. For supporting this activity and increasing understanding I also participated in WWF-Indonesia which concentrates on environmental education for children in the Jakarta. Additionally, I am actively involved in the Social Trust Fund, a philanthropic institution under the authority of UIN Jakarta, through the scholarships division, we have provided financial assistance to students in remote and outer areas in Indonesia. This assistance has ultimately helped students who are less able to continue their education to a higher level.

Through the development studies program, I learn about a discipline that applies the technical and quantitative methods of economic and statistical toward the distinctly human that challenges much of developing countries Suffering Reviews such as poverty, economic failure, and social inequality. I hope to get a broader understanding of development issues that can be applied directly to the concerns are in Indonesia. I believe that the development studies program offered by Victoria University of Wellington can support my ambition properly.
Chppoin 1 / 3  
This statement too exciting and vivid to indicate your ambition to chase your dream and fulfill your potential. Good luck for you...I am a fresh guy in this great website. Due to my low ability to give your some advice, I can only give your some motivation. Additional, I think you'd better put your topic sentence in front of your paragraph.

Home / Graduate / I used to enjoy the songs of busker on public transport in capital city of Indonesia - SOP