"volunteering at my daughter's Xgrade class" - help with Statement of Purpose?

mydesigns 1 / 2  
Hi all,
English is not my first language and I need help with my SOP. Do we finish it with Best Regards, our name and info?
I'm planning to put my picture on top of the page so they know who wrote this ( I did met one proffesor ).

Also, please give your comment about my last paragraph of the letter and the closing statement.
....
Over the past year, I have been volunteering at my daughter's Xgrade class to teach them how to think differently when they want to create something and express their ideas. I found their mind much more creative since they are not introduced to vary of limitations as we do. ( I simply put this because it is the only volunteery work that I have done )

In the light of XXX's ( university) reputation and history of excellence I believe that the MFA program in Advertising with electives in motion media design will enable me to channel my design creativity and marketing know-hows in the right direction. Subsequently, after earning my MFA, I would like to apply for a faculty position at a leading university, helping the next generation to achieve their goals in years to come.

I believe you will find my dedication to learn new ways to feed my creative mind very much outstanding. I hope that the admissions committee find my background and strengths to match XXX'S requirements. ( this is the end although I don't like it )

Thanks
mydesigns
januku - / 1  
1.Where is the other part ?
2.Do not mention admission committee..
3.If you have not done some extra work you can fake it no one is coming there to check it...
4. ' vary ' is it various ...?
5.Tell them something more about your work in organized way..
6. At the end mention that you have the requisite talent and aptitude to match the programmes' demands.
OP mydesigns 1 / 2  
Thanks Januku.
can I use this as the last paragraph?
In the light of XXX's reputation and history of excellence I believe that the MFA program in Advertising with electives in motion media design will enable me to channel my design creativity and marketing know-hows in the right direction. Subsequently, after earning my MFA, I would like to apply for a faculty position at a leading university, helping the next generation to achieve their goals in years to come. I strongly believe that I have the requisite talent and aptitude to match the Advertising program's demands.

about my work, how is this sounds??
After several small jobs as a web graphic designer I found the perfect opportunity with XXX, the world largest distributer of fasteners industry which I held for 3 1/2 years. My job as their in house website and graphic designer was a one man army against sales branches in 7 countries, 23 of them in US. I needed to create advertising pieces for different market areas with different language and audience. The time limitation on each assignment taught me to think rigorously and creatively in addition to gaining new sets of skills in management, customer service, design, print production and on-line advertising using all different areas of my previous degrees. I strongly believe that although some of my background knowledge is not directly related, but all these qualities will influence my graduate work.

My accounting degree with auditing work experience has given me a strong foundation to my attention to details since it involved long hours of complex and intricate search to find hidden transactions. My website design degree opened a new door to the world of art and technology combined in a very unique and creative way. It thought me the effect of different range of colors when it's used in a website with specific audience, such as color blinds or people in specific age group. I learned how different media can be embedded in a website to project to a broader audience with out breaking a budget for advertising. I believe that my knowledge of web design can have a huge impact on my career objectives.

----
I have a feeling that this part doesn't say much about the creativity part and I don't know how to emphasize that without just throwing the word creative in every sentence.

-----
what do you do after the last line in the essay...you finish it like a regular letter with Best Regards??

Thanks
mydesigns
Do we finish it with Best Regards, our name and info?

I like that way of ending. But remember, in a closing salutation, only capitalize the first word, and in an opening salutation capitalize all words:

To Whom It May Concern:
Capitalize salutations correctly. That is important. Blah, blah, blah...
Best regards,
Kevin

I found their minds much more creative than the minds of adults, since they have not been introduced to variety of limitations we know as adults. ----I changed this sentence a lot for grammar improvement, but I wanted to mention that it is a very meaningful observation! Shunryu Suzuki says, "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few."

( I simply put this because it is the only volunteery work that I have done )

... will enable me to channel my design creativity and marketing know-hows in the right direction, and _________ add some ideas to make a connection with your experience from teaching those kids.)

Subsequently After earning my MFA, I would like to apply for a faculty position at a leading university and help the next generation to achieve their goals in years to come.

This is the end although I don't like it---if you do not like it, that must be because it does not really express your passion, your intention. What is the most recent article you have read about teaching? What is your philosophy of education? What should we write on your gravestone? Think about what is most important to you, and share a little of that. If you don't share the concepts that are most important to you, it cannot be powerful writing. But if you share the important concepts, it will be powerful writing even if the grammar is not perfect.

:-)
OP mydesigns 1 / 2  
Thanks a lot.
The deadline is passed and I'm waiting for their answer.

Have a wonderful life.

Home / Graduate / "volunteering at my daughter's Xgrade class" - help with Statement of Purpose?