Want to work in R&D Sector; Motivation Letter/MSc-Regenerative Biology&Medicine

Eddie 1 / 1  
My name is Masudur Rahman. I want to apply for M.Sc degree in an university of Germany which requires motivation letter. since this is my first time to write a motivation letter, I am not sure that does this letter have the value/weight/quality of a motivation letter for M.Sc in Regenerative Biology & Medicine. I hope anyone can give me some advises or critics of it.

_________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ __

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to apply for the Master's programe in Regenerative Biology & Medicine at the -XXXXXXX- starting in winter semester, 2013. As an applicant I would like to provide a brief account of my own interests and ambitions in pursuing the graduate study in your University.

I completed my graduation in December 2011 from -XXXXX-, Bangladesh and hold a Bachelor degree in Pharmacy. My professional goal is to be able to work in R & D sector of cell biology, stem cell biology, genetics, biotechnology or other relevant fields of life science.

During my Secondary and Higher secondary education, I got in-depth knowledge in Mathematics (General and Higher Mathematics included), Physics and Chemistry. In my four years B.Sc. course; I have built up more useful knowledge in Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Drug Design & Development, Human Physiology, Cell Biology & Anatomy, Organic Pharmacy, Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics, Advanced Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmacology, Basic Microbiology and Statistics for Pharmaceutical Science. In our courses we acquired practical experience in core analytical and microbiological laboratory works and also theoretical knowledge in immunological and molecular techniques, such as ELISA, PCR, SDS-PAGE, Gel electrophoresis, Isolation of plasmid and chromosomal DNA, Recombinant DNA technology, Tissue culture etc.

Moreover, for the partial fulfillment of my B.Sc. degree it was mandatory for us to perform a research project, as selected by the appointed supervisor. In research our main focus was "In Vitro Antibacterial Susceptibility Test of Two Brands of Azithromycin Available in Bangladesh". During our 6 month research period, we cultivated various strains of bacteria in laboratory and applied various doses of different brands of an antibiotic on those strains of bacteria. The main purposes of the project were to determine the extent of antibacterial resistance towards the various brands of an antibiotic and make estimation about the quality control of drugs in Bangladesh.

My deep curiosity for new treatment or medicine in the field of life science ventures me into research oriented study. I want to accomplish my M. Sc degree in related fields to enrich my theoretical knowledge, skills and research based laboratory experiences, all of these will help me to achieve my future goal.

My decision to pursue graduate studies in Germany is motivated by the fact that it is one of the three most innovative countries in the world where research on biomedical technology is highly encouraged which is my area of interest. -XXXXXXX- University is the largest University of -XXXX- and one the 10 largest University of Germany. It is well known for its' various research centers and renowned teachers. University of -XXXX- is one of the strongest in research especially in the field of medicine and life science.

After successful completion of my M.Sc. degree from University of -XXXX- , I would like to join Research & Development department of medicine industries or related fields in Bangladesh. Bangladesh has just started the journey in this sector and the country will be requiring skilled specialist in the respective field.

I am confident that overall opportunity to study in Europe will broaden my horizons and give me an opportunity to gain world class education.

I would therefore, feel obliged to be able to secure admission in your prestigious university and pursue my M.Sc program. I am sure that I will match all the credentials and will be able to maintain high standards at your university.

Please accept my sincere appreciation.

Yours Respectfully
-ZZZZZZ-

Is it good enough as I want to study in a research based subject?
Your advice or critics will highly appreciable.
Thank you.
I think you have written a good motivation letter. It's clear and contains the substance that they would be interested in knowing. Only thing I wish you to do more is that expanding on this;

University of -XXXX- is one of the strongest in research especially in the field of medicine and life science.

Tell them why you particularly like this university. Talk about a few features that caught your attention and align them with your objectives and goals.

I hope the following web sites may provide you with some further helpful insights.
OP Eddie 1 / 1  
Thanks for the reply. Is there any area where I can improvise?

Home / Graduate / Want to work in R&D Sector; Motivation Letter/MSc-Regenerative Biology&Medicine