'Working with teens and youths' - Statement of Purpose

dregirl8 1 / -  
In the changing field of Information Technology where each day unveils new innovation, I wish to acquire an educational certification that would earn me proficiency, give me professional exposure and allow me be a part of the revolution in the IT industry.

It saddens to know that a country like Nigeria (my country of residence), finds it difficult to adapt to technology which can serve as an enhancement to economic growth. This instigated my quest to acquire knowledge and expertise in Business and Computing at the University of Hertfordshire, which will permit me to be part of the technology workforce in the implementation and development of software for businesses in my country of residence.

I have been involved in the development, implementation, and deployment of various bespoke software spanned across different areas of profession. I was part of the team that designed, developed and deployed a Hospital Management Software for a Federal University Teaching Hospital; my role was as a project manager which involved requirements gathering, analysis and interpretation of data, creating WBS. I also researched Fingerprints Biometrics in a desire to compliment password based security measures with all my reports used as part of the instruments for the deployment of a Biometrics-based Intranet application to eradicate manual time and attendance registers, and paperwork at a company that I work for.

My educational background includes a Bachelor degree in Computer Science Education, which relates the theories and principles of Computer Science with Education underlying the practical IT skills I had acquired hitherto.

I am skilled in the use of HTML, working on Databases, CorelDraw, and Microsoft Project 2010 etc. Some of the websites I worked on are beadsemporium, beadstores etc.

At weekends, I work with teens and youths in community work. At every point in life, I have also held leadership positions: from been a Sunday school teacher for children, to been the coordinator of the youth arm of Christ Apostolic Church

I would be pleased to join the enrolling class this year 2012, as that will set me on the path towards achieving career fulfillment, and also empower me to influence more people, the society in which I may find myself and the world around me at large.
In the changing field of Information Technology, where each day unveils new innovations , I wish to acquire an ...

It saddens me to know that a country like Nigeria (my country of residence), finds it difficult to adapt to technology which can serve as an enhancement to economic growth.

This situation has instigated my quest to acquire knowledge and expertise in Business and Computing at the University of Hertfordshire, ...

I have been involved in the development, implementation, and deployment of various bespoke software spanning across different areas of profession.

I also researched Fingerprints Biometrics in a desire to compliment password based security measures with all my reports used as part of the instruments for the deployment of a Biometrics-based Intranet application to eradicate manual time and attendance registers, and paperwork at a company that I work for. ---This sentence is too long, and needs to be cut into 2 for the sake of clarity.

On weekends, I work with teens and youths in community work.

At every point in life, I have also held leadership positions, from being a Sunday school teacher for children, to working as the coordinator of the youth arm of Christ Apostolic Church.

Good luck with school and have fun!

:)

Home / Graduate / 'Working with teens and youths' - Statement of Purpose