Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Letter about the benefits of student exchange programme in a foreign country.

sharonyip 1 / 2  
Your friend is considering applying to join a student exchange programme in a foreign country. He/She writes to ask you for your opinion. Write a letter to tell him/her about the benefits of the programme and encourage your friend to apply to join the programme.

Dear Adam,

How are you? I am so glad to receive your previous letter. I hope you are in the pink.

Recently, I heard that you are considering applying to join a student exchange programme in London. It is a golden opportunity as you have the great chance to visit a foreign country. I used to join the student exchange programme in Taiwan. You could experience different cultures and lead a different life style.

Besides that, you could also experience different teaching strategies and a different syllabus, You can learn many new things and broaden your knowledge from teachers and students around you. Hence, joining the student exchange programme allows you exposure to diverse learning opportunities and new learning environment.

Being a student overseas, you should be responsible in making own decisions. Likewise, you must do all your homework and be resourceful. You should be independent in order to experience life as a student overseas. In addition, you must be resourceful in handing all your problems.

Last but not least, being a student overseas is not an easy thing as you think. You should develop life long friendship. A true friend can help you in many ways. You should also learn to appreciate your own family. It is very tough to lead a life without your parents beside you.

I hope that you will appreciate the golden opportunity to being a student overseas. Goodbye.

Yours truly,
Sharon.

I'm so weak in writing essay. Please help me to revise it. Thanks
p/s: I'm just a student in upper secondary .
April April 13 / 148 22  
as you have the great chance --- as you WILL have A great chance
You could experience different cultures and lead a different life style. Besides that, you could also experience different teaching strategies and a different syllabus, --- you used 'different' too much. Replace it with 'various' or 'new'.

allows you exposure --- allows you TO ACCESS
in making own decisions --- in making YOUR own decisions

Best
OP sharonyip 1 / 2  
Thanks April :)

Home / Letters / Letter about the benefits of student exchange programme in a foreign country.