Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Cover letter for OMV Technical scholarships

Aiman Alrubaie 1 / -  
please guys, help me to write cover letter for OMV Technical scholarships.
i'm a Petroleum Geologist and this is my draft cover letter, please give me suggestions, modifications for this letter to use it in both scholarship and to applying for any job.

thanks.

>>>
Aiman Alrubaiee.
Sana'a, 50-St. 00967-734554652.
June 2014

Dear OMV

With this letter, I would like to express my interest in applying for Technical scholarships you posted in your website.
As a recent graduate student in Bachelor of Petroleum Geology and Stratigraphy (6/2013), I am looking forward to applying my skills in a practical setting. I have enjoyed the teamwork component of my degree immensely and I am keen to work in diverse locations. I was very delighted to find the opportunity in joining with oil companies. Moreover, I consider for this as a great opportunity to get in touch with your company.

Having completed a graduation project in Petrophysical Interpretations and 3D Reservoir Modeling, I have developed a comprehensive understanding of Geoscience software, Integrated Reservoir Modeling and handling with any digital data, make project workflow and data managements coupled with the ability to interpret this data and write detailed reports.

I have gained first-hand experience in 3D Reservoir modeling and Petrophysical Interpretations software both in PETREL and in IP with self-education. Using this software, I have performed my graduation project (3D Geological Modeling of Alif Reservoir in Dhahab Field, Block-5 Yemen.) and I am currently teaching lab section, and helping our undergraduate students in my college in Sana'a University to prepare their graduation projects with various topics in Reservoir Modeling /Characterization, Well logs interpretation and 3D seismic interpretation.

I have large insistence to learn all new programs/technics related to oil industry as Slb software Geoframe, OFM, PetroMod, Studio E&P and another software as SMT Kingdom, Geolog, Jewel Suite, GeoGraphix and develop my previous skills in Petrel, Techlog and IP to achieve new advanced information in Geomodeling and Petrophysical Interpretations.

I am seeking to complement and development this software experience with oil company job as a junior or in training in order to acquire the background necessary for a future career in oil and gas industry.

I feel that I am a strong candidate for joining with your company due to my extensive skills in team environments and physically demanding roles, and my genuine passion for Petroleum Geology.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this application with you further, and look forward to hearing from you.
I have attached my resume, Certificate and Academic record

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Yours faithfully,
Aiman Alrubaiee.
Eddie Han 2 / 6  
I am not really in a position to edit your work (partially due to my ability being incomplete and partially because your letter seem perfect), but I do advise against using it as a model for multiple jobs... Each job wants specific comments, ideas, people or results, and each job wants different approach from you. If you blindly use that same cover letter, then you may fail to address these subtleties.

Your letter, at least for this topic, seems to be very comprehensive and polite, and you certainly addressed the subtleties! Just a heads-up, a minor, inconceivable error:

Should have a full stop at the end :)

Home / Letters / Cover letter for OMV Technical scholarships