Home / Letters   % width NEW!

A letter for droping my daughter from one of her highschool classes.

MITI 1 / -  
To whom who may concern,
I would like to inform the school administration and my daughter, Shakiba Shadman's teacher Mr. Heddon, regarding that at October 3, 2011 my daughter intends to drop her course - Marching Band color guard . She talked to her teacher and her counselor about this matter, but she couldn't solve her problem by herself . Therefore I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that as a family decision and also our family doctor decision this class is not suitable for her. When she is getting home after color guard class, she is too tired with no energy at all to study for her academic classes-she falls behind in her works. I am so worried about her grades. She never got a D in all her school years; past few weeks she got a D on her science test.

In the past few weeks when I asked her about her academic classes she told me that everything is under her control and she could make up the works with working harder. I witnessed how she tried so hard and was so energetic and happy to catch up with all of her responsibilities. Unfortunately it didn't work out, and this is beyond her will to stay in this class. I realized then she was just not going to be able to manage her work like this. I asked her she needs to withdraw the Marching band, color guard class.

My daughter does not have the time and adequate energy to properly devote to this class. Please drop her from this class before it's too late and this class would affect her health and all of her academic grades. She always likes to do all of her works at the best, either color guard or her other classes .when the outcome does not satisfy her ; she gets nervous and unwell . I believe this is not healthy for a student to do something beyond her ability.

This is very important for me to see my daughter happy and healthy in all of her activities. As long as I am her mother and know her abilities and feelings, It is not a good idea for her to continue in this class Therefore please windrow her from this class as soon as possible. And also please let me know for any further communication in this matter. Thank you for the time that you did spend and read this email. I would like to add here that she had a great experience in marching band and I am very happy she did. And I appreciate Mr. Heddon for all his hard work and effort.

Sincerely,

Home / Letters / A letter for droping my daughter from one of her highschool classes.