Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

The Interdisciplinary program. Motivation Letter For Master's In Norway

Samee Ullah 1 / -  

letter of Motivation

The thing that attracts me the most towards this program is its interdisciplinary nature. Masters in Information System covers both the latest emerging technologies and management techniques, and these qualities align with my career path. This program would help me in organizing my ideas and put them towards something innovative.

I have done Software Engineering from Mehran University Of Engineering & Technology, where my final year project was about facilitating university students by providing them timely updates on their cell phones through a broadcast messaging service. I also have two years experience of working for a financial institution where I was responsible for the customer services and operations. I am currently operating a Car Wash & Detailing business that I built from scratch. I conducted a proper market research for it found a void in that particular market segment, wrote a business plan for it, raised funds through my peers, acquired a suitable business location, laid the foundation stone with my own hands and now I proudly own this successful business.

I really believe that there is a lot of potential when it comes to entrepreneurship at grass root level. The solution to problems of the masses lies in the mind of a common man and I want to listen to that common man and help fund his idea. I want to create an environment where people feel confident about their ideas and provide opportunities, so that these ideas can be executed. Small businesses that support a small community is the way forward to ending poverty, reducing unemployment and increasing the skill set of the masses. I would also like to help small landholder farmers in by developing a Farm Equipment Sharing Platforms in Pakistan.

University of South-Eastern Norway is the number one option for my Master's Degree. Norway has a very unique weather, it has polar nights and midnight sun. The weather may be cold and harsh but the warmth of its people counters that. Norway also has one of the rarest phenomenon that occurs in the atmosphere, the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) that has always fascinated me. I believe that this program and the university will propel my career in the right direction. The curriculum is exactly what I am looking for, as it will give me many different career options. The focus on entrepreneurship interests me, as I am a creative person who constantly tries to think outside of the box.
The letter does not properly represet a motivation to study the course in Norway. Since this is a specialized course that the student is interesting in applying to, he needs to highlight the connecting factors between 3 aspects:

- His current career path
- His plans to improve or develop farm sharing platforms based on the potential knowledge and training he will receive as a student of this course

- Why he believes that Norway will allow him to learn the most about the farm sharing platform he hopes to emulate, create, or implement.

Right now, the essay does not have any true motivational reference aside from the applicant wanting to become a tourist in Norway, which should never be presented as a motivational factor in any student application. I do not see any motivating aspect that creates relevant considerations for the course choice, country choice, and career relevance. The writer should work on creating a more connected motivational discussion based on the 3 aspects I previously mentioned.

Home / Letters / The Interdisciplinary program. Motivation Letter For Master's In Norway